Rocket Stand

I know this is kind of late but that one is the same one a lot of Gold Wing owners use to lift theirs. You can usually find it at Sam's Club for like $79.95. I have also used it to lift up my formerly owned 2001 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Nomad.
Dennis

My contraption works well to suite me (centerstand). Leaves the complete underside open, allows the rear tire to turn freely, very stable. The front tire spins free by blocking the forward part of the frame up too. It does not lift the bike "up" by any means but the issue here is the access to everything without obstacles.
See my photo album for pics if you like.

See ya guys.

Last edited:
Can you leave this thing on the bike all the time? Does it have a spring to hold it up?

Yes Tomo, this "Thingy" is what I was refering to.

No Dougl, it has to be left at home. It weighs about 23 pounds. I haven't pondered if I could get something designed that would stay with the bike & clear the ground when in tight turns. I am just happy that is works as I intented it to, and rather well.

Last edited:
rusty said:
Yes Tomo, this "Thingy" is what I was refering to.

No Dougl, it has to be left at home. It weighs about 23 pounds. I haven't pondered if I could get something designed that would stay with the bike & clear the ground when in tight turns. I am just happy that is works as I intented it to, and rather well.

Rusty:

Come "clean"....where did you get it???

Hey CarFlip Side, I honestly did design it. I work at a place were all the parts we use are Laser cut from sheet steel, up to 1.5" thick. And being in the engineering department, I have some contacts, as well as some welder friends at work also. So, whenever an idea comes to mind, as this one did, it evolves fairly easily. I'm a designer with CAD (Computer aided Design) so I can draw up just about anything imaginable. And I do, we (the designers) are given the opportunity to be creative & that's what makes my job interesting.
Part of this design is the easy installation, usage, and removal.

See ya.

rusty said:
Hey CarFlip Side, I honestly did design it. I work at a place were all the parts we use are Laser cut from sheet steel, up to 1.5" thick. And being in the engineering department, I have some contacts, as well as some welder friends at work also. So, whenever an idea comes to mind, as this one did, it evolves fairly easily. I'm a designer with CAD (Computer aided Design) so I can draw up just about anything imaginable. And I do, we (the designers) are given the opportunity to be creative & that's what makes my job interesting.
Part of this design is the easy installation, usage, and removal.

See ya.

I cheated and read your bio. I presumed you "moonlighted" it. In all actuality, an ideal workshop stand should not have to be "bolted" to the lugs, the lugs should be carried in a "cradle" with a hard fastener only for safety reasons. Being curious as always, I also surmise that you use the stand much like you would use a center stand, that is, use the bike itself to "lever" itself up on the stand? There is no allowance in the picture to attach a lever to provide leverage to "lift" the bike and that sucker is heavy.

Flip works. That's my name....no. I mean Flip. I'd rather not work at all, just play in the shop.

Last edited:
Hey FlipCarFlipSide (I like to mix it up a little each time I post to you, in case you hadn't caught on), the lever that you see in the photos is just long enough that by bearing down hard with my right hand (hanging on to the bolt I have in the lever end) and holding the left hand handlebar grip with the other hand (keeping the front tire straight), then bring her right up on the stand.

First I have to slide the contraption under the bike & align the kickstand side lug hole with the frame hole & slide the 1/2" capscrew through. Then I lean over the seat and align the right side lug hole the same way & slide the other capscrew in place. I've spaced the lugs on the bar stock about 1/8" wider than the frame width. I cut the threads off the screws 'cause I don't use them, just the shoulder of the bolt is adequate because once the load is applied, the capscrews cannot slide out (1/2" capscrew shoulder fits perfectly). Then, by pushing down (only the left side cam arm is contacting the ground) the bike rights itself until both lugs are firm on the ground. The long lever arm acts as the stop also (designed in to be that way), as you can see it contacts on the ground "just as" the cam arms roll over center. So she locks in place so to speak. Getting her back off the stand is somewhat easier but I still need to assure the kickstand is down. Haven't forgotten the kickstand "yet". This device really helped when I changed the cat for the cat bypass. No obstructions what so ever. Next revision will have the cam arms about 1" longer for just a tad more lift. I'm sure the lever arm will need lengthened also, or maybe a cheater bar will be required. Then I'll have one to sell, maybe.

See ya Flip

Back