Rocket Stalling Fixed

Hondax

Nitrous
Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
ROCKET STALLING FIXED!

Problems abound with stalling Rockets, especially in the heat. No solution in sight and many very upset,.....except one person. Sure this person is upset with Triumph for not addressing the issue, who wouldn't be, but life goes on, yes?

This person solved the problem and explained in detail how to remedy same. I hate to say "get a clue folks", but Geeeeesh already!!;) This person fixed his Rocket back in February and it hasn't stalled since and never idled better, as I've witnessed on two occasions. That's a 6 month track record. This fix works and is not that big of a deal for you shade tree mechanics. Ten thumbers will need assistance. In fact it's a rather benign adjustment but one that WILL stabilize your idle.:eek:

Has anyone else tried THE FIX? :confused:

Time to nip it in the butt don't you think?;)

Here is the link to THE STALLING ROCKET FIX:

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&t opic=40310&forum=28

Thank you Tomo for this contribution that somehow, just slipped under the radar.

GIT ER DUN....

Last edited:
Yes Hondax, some of us were paying attention to ol' Tomo. Mine didn't start stalling until a few days after having the dealer install a new tune. I remembered Tomo's fix, so I gave it a try. Idles like a champ now!

Thanks, Tomo!:bch:

wilbur-t said:
Yes Hondax, some of us were paying attention to ol' Tomo. Mine didn't start stalling until a few days after having the dealer install a new tune. I remembered Tomo's fix, so I gave it a try. Idles like a champ now!

Thanks, Tomo!:bch:
Thanks Wilbur, I thought there were others who had fixed the stalling.:)

That makes two happy campers,.....is there another out there?

Yep Hondax... I noted it too but have been too embarrassed to say I don't read or follow mechanicaleas very well. Maybe it could have some arrows on the pics so we can connect the dots? Sorry I am a duffer when it comes to being brav enough to try something new! I had to wait until JD came up to Sydney so I had brother with me to knock heads with when I put in the pod filters! :eek:

:) Hey Steve when you're putting in your pod filters...save the rubber boots from the gray plastic intake manifold and zip tie them to the throttle body bases...then slip the pods over the rubber boots and zip tie the bottom of the pod into the grooved area of the rubber boot...the groove is wide enough for 2 zip ties...also gives good support for the pods too...

Back