Aligning the car and bike. Shooting for a 3/4" toe in on the car. Has a 15" wheel lead.
20210120_151742.jpg

Connection points.

20210120_151751.jpg
20210121_110834.jpg

And from the rear.
20210121_110843.jpg

Took a short test ride and everything held together nicely without flexing...... handling is good and with the leading link front end and steering is very smooth. No shimmies at any speed, accelerating or decelerating.
Will need to fabricate some longer connection arms...that's what I call the 1" tubes with threaded bungs welded inside the ends. they probably have a correct name, but it escapes me at the moment. Of course I am out of the correct part that has left hand threads, so had to order some. After the new parts arrive, and I fabricate the new connector arms, and do some extensive testing, and realignment.

Till then................

Looking for a shifter that is not heel and toe, just one that I can shift like a regular shifter. Anyone know of one from another bike that may fit??
Either that or I'm getting out my grinder and make some mods to the existing one. My foot always hits the rear of the shifter when riding.
Idea.......while the wife's not looking take the shifter off her 1200 Speedmaster?????

Maybe this is what I'm looking for ???
Triumph Rocket 3 R Easy Shift Gear Pedal Fitting Kit A9770225 | eBay

Last edited:
absolutely love the way you built the car frame that will allow you to adjust the car forward and aft a handful of inches, that has to help balance the load in the car....Hung a few off brand side cars for my Father 20 something years ago...My favorite was a Norton Commando with a light weight Velorex ? side car. My wife said she'd never get in a side car after that,,,,,,:roll::roll::roll::D:D:D

absolutely love the way you built the car frame that will allow you to adjust the car forward and aft a handful of inches, that has to help balance the load in the car....Hung a few off brand side cars for my Father 20 something years ago...My favorite was a Norton Commando with a light weight Velorex ? side car. My wife said she'd never get in a side car after that,,,,,,:roll::roll::roll::D:D:D
Sparky...
Yes, I intentionally built the car with a lot of adjustments, knowing at some time it would go on a bike other than the Guzzi. Wish I has a Commando, but will settle for my 74 Eldorado.
I literally have to push the bike down the street (so she can't hear it) before starting it or my wife wants to go for a ride in the car......she loves it.

Very nice work, looking forward to seeing your rig in person.

Looking for a shifter that is not heel and toe, just one that I can shift like a regular shifter. Anyone know of one from another bike that may fit??
Either that or I'm getting out my grinder and make some mods to the existing one. My foot always hits the rear of the shifter when riding.
Idea.......while the wife's not looking take the shifter off her 1200 Speedmaster?????

I am using the shifter from a 95 thunderbird it fits directly on the spline and does away with all the linkages

Attachments

• PXL_20201004_000703550.jpg
    PXL_20201004_000703550.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 19

That is for Rocket 3 R new version. The mount bolt is different between both earlier R3 Standard and Roadsters peg and the foot board gear levers. Some skip the linkage entirely and put a generic or Triumph Thunderbird / Bonnie /Speedmaster etc gear lever directly on the gear input shaft.

SHIFT ASSIST FITTING KIT FOR MID CONTROLS​

Mounting kit for Easy Shift Assist A9778507.

That is for Rocket 3 R new version. The mount bolt is different between both earlier R3 Standard and Roadsters peg and the foot board gear levers. Some skip the linkage entirely and put a generic or Triumph Thunderbird / Bonnie /Speedmaster etc gear lever directly on the gear input shaft.

SHIFT ASSIST FITTING KIT FOR MID CONTROLS​

Mounting kit for Easy Shift Assist A9778507.
Thanks all....found one on ebay for a 95 Thunderbird.

TLT, don't get rid of the heel-toe shifter, might be interested in it for my rig. Need to see the size and compare to my big size 15 boots.

Back