46dodge

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Hello everyone, I would like to take this time to introduce myself and to tell a recent story of my 2014 Rocket roadster and I bonding.
I take my Rocket to my local dragstrip a few times a year during test and tune days just to have some fun but last October the fun stopped. Everything in this account I have pieced together from what people have told me that were there as I still have no memory of any of it. The last thing I remember is pulling up to the line, when I got to the 1/8 mile mark the lower radiator hose split and covered the rear tire with coolant and down I went, you guys know what a stock rocket will run in the 1/8 mile so I don't have to tell you how fast I was going when I hit the ground. There is a large dent on top of my tank from where my helmet hit the tank as I was falling off the bike and knocked me out cold which is what I think saved me because somehow I didn't break any bones and my safety gear did what it was designed to do and kept me from road rash I didn't bleed at all, no cuts no scraps, nothing but very badly bruised muscles and joints. I spent 2 weeks using a walker to get around then another 2 weeks with a cane. I still hurt on my right side which is the side I landed on but it is getting better everyday. As for the bike, it looks like it went down on its side and stayed there and slid across the track and hit the wall with its wheels and rode down the wall then popped upright and stopped because the friend that went and got the bike off the track told me when he got to it it was like someone leaned it against the wall and walked away.
Resized_20211105_141729.jpg

Last edited:
WELCOME! to our R3 family forum... That sucks, but glad you are around to tell the tale!! What does your future hold? ... two wheeled wise...
-MIG

WELCOME! to our R3 family forum... That sucks, but glad you are around to tell the tale!! What does your future hold? ... two wheeled wise...
-MIG
Well I need to get the bike repaired before spring, I would like to add an aftermarket exhaust and intake system. I know from running this thing down the strip that it dosent seam to breath real good in the higher rpms and after doing a valve cover gasket this summer I've seen the stock intake system and man it is ridiculous.

Well I need to get the bike repaired before spring, I would like to add an aftermarket exhaust and intake system. I know from running this thing down the strip that it dosent seam to breath real good in the higher rpms and after doing a valve cover gasket this summer I've seen the stock intake system and man it is ridiculous.
COOL... I have considered taking Fiona for a Test and Tune night... But for the past few years wasn't allowed while living in Miami, FL. An unfortunate incident allowed me to upgrade to D&D pipes back in 2015. Fortunately, the only thing bruised was my butt and my pride.
-MIG

lifting the tank is a mess of cable management then plenum takes up a ton of room best to leave it to the dealership unless you really know what you are doing. I was never sold on the RamAir still believe it brings in moisture through the intake but there are many here who have run them without problems issues/unintended consequences

Helluva story!!, your grand kids will be very happy to hear that story over and over again, glad you were protected and made it out in one piece.
Welcome to the forum.

Back