Welcome. Sorry your fun day went south. I have been doing the Test-Tune days with my Rocket for the last 5 years. It is quite a lot of fun for sure. Even to the point where I am building my Rocket with cams, valve pistons, springs, base tune, et al from Neville Lush Racing along with up-graded clutch and springs, cylinder head porting, Viking 1.75 inch Dual Exhaust made by Paul Bryant, and RamAir intake. Neville and Paul are both on this forum and you can do no better than their products. With their products I am expecting to get something just over 200 HP and 180 TQ out of it. The work has been slow as my job robs me of most of me time. But pays quite well as it was a gift from God.

Post up what you need for your repairs/rebuild. Many of us have lots of extra part stashed away and we might just have what you need.

Of course expect a ton of free advice.
THIS is why I enjoy this group so much, you guys rock! :thumbsup:

Thank you
Welcome. Sorry your fun day went south. I have been doing the Test-Tune days with my Rocket for the last 5 years. It is quite a lot of fun for sure. Even to the point where I am building my Rocket with cams, valve pistons, springs, base tune, et al from Neville Lush Racing along with up-graded clutch and springs, cylinder head porting, Viking 1.75 inch Dual Exhaust made by Paul Bryant, and RamAir intake. Neville and Paul are both on this forum and you can do no better than their products. With their products I am expecting to get something just over 200 HP and 180 TQ out of it. The work has been slow as my job robs me of most of me time. But pays quite well as it was a gift from God.

Post up what you need for your repairs/rebuild. Many of us have lots of extra part stashed away and we might just have what you need.

Of course expect a ton of free advice.
Dude thank you, matter of fact thank all of you for your kind words.
and I think I've made a decision and am going to go with an exhaust from Laidlaw and his ozclaw as well. my only concern would be being caught in the rain with the ozclaw. I really don't need maximum power from this bike as most of the guys I ride with ride Harleys and my rocket stomps them all anyways, so my main concern for the header was heat management and not burning myself on long rides so the header from Laidlaw is ceramic coated inside and out and has a heatshield on the rearmost pipe.

lifting the tank is a mess of cable management then plenum takes up a ton of room best to leave it to the dealership unless you really know what you are doing. I was never sold on the RamAir still believe it brings in moisture through the intake but there are many here who have run them without problems issues/unintended consequences
The dealer? i thought they did your cam cover gasket 3 times in 1.5 years, is the job we did leaking?

glad youre ok for the most part. the hose that busted was it original, and how long since last coolant and thermostat change. Great for learning and maybe keeping this from ever happening again because you are correct, they go fast quickly for sure and we all ride rockets and this may make us all go check stuff, look into samco hoses or oem and get back after it👍

glad youre ok for the most part. the hose that busted was it original, and how long since last coolant and thermostat change. Great for learning and maybe keeping this from ever happening again because you are correct, they go fast quickly for sure and we all ride rockets and this may make us all go check stuff, look into samco hoses or oem and get back after it👍
I'm not sure if it's was original, I got the bike 3 years ago and I checked the coolant but did not change it and I squeezed the hoses and they didn't feel hard so I figured they were OK, they are going to be switched out for silicone now

The dealer? i thought they did your cam cover gasket 3 times in 1.5 years, is the job we did leaking?
so far no leak i had them check it out the routing under the tank i.e ratnest there was some some minor re-routing (and they knew where that left over item went )but the gasket is holding kevin. (your method appears good to go with the gasket) I replaced the battery recently which has more cca than regular underpowered OEM battery. Starts right up with no issues knock on wood. The gasket is a known issue with this bike w/tractor motor i believe those of us who live in the hot and humid south will show this issue more than those up north.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard...Good news you werent smacked up too bad...its not often one dosnt get badly hurt from such a high speed tumble...The Triumph Gods had you covered for sure...hope the bruises soon dissapear and you can get the scoot sorted....

lifting the tank is a mess of cable management then plenum takes up a ton of room best to leave it to the dealership unless you really know what you are doing. I was never sold on the RamAir still believe it brings in moisture through the intake but there are many here who have run them without problems issues/unintended consequences
Nonsense. ... I never worked on a bike before and did mine. Straight forward , easy to follow instructions. Great vid on you tube that walks you through it. With freer flowing exhaust and tune makes a terrific difference...you go for it.

so far no leak i had them check it out the routing under the tank i.e ratnest there was some some minor re-routing (and they knew where that left over item went )but the gasket is holding kevin. (your method appears good to go with the gasket) I replaced the battery recently which has more cca than regular underpowered OEM battery. Starts right up with no issues knock on wood. The gasket is a known issue with this bike w/tractor motor i believe those of us who live in the hot and humid south will show this issue more than those up north.

Bet you’re a bundle of fun to have a pint with...

Back