Rocket R and Rocket GT video

Do we think they'll be TORS for this bike and thus another OEM map to suit? Would the Arrows from the TFC be on the production models?

I predict that the Rocket will go from virtually unknown to widely recognized by all with an interest in motorcycles (maybe even Harley riders) as one big fast MF.
I was visiting our local dealership on friday ..just for a nosey...he had 60 bikes on the floor, including 3 maybe 4 Harleys. These would have been traded cos they do not sell your bike on behalf...not worth the hassle should the deal backfire when they onsold it.
So there are Harley riders who now ride Triumphs....and of course if you go to the Harley shop you will find Triumphs there too.
I'm thinking these new R3's will attract many "New to Triumph" riders. With the new frame they apparently corner better, are quicker, all the wiring is hidden away etc etc. They are a very different, fresh looking Rocket.They wont appeal to all of us 'Old School' riders but give it a year or so when they have been on the road and we have had a chance to dissect them...then we will know for sure.
I also called into "Mega Motorcycles" here in Christchurch which is owned by Denis Charlett. Denis is a good bugger, around 53...he has 16 NZ motorcycle racing titles under his belt. The young fella who does his tyres etc was taken with my bike and said a few times 'what a beast!'
'cant imagine me on that!' (he is about 5ft and maybe 8 stone and wiry)
I explained to him about the balance being great but the sheer size scared him. I think the new look bike may appeal more to those riders because of the sports look. Once onboard and underway those young fellas will be right at home!

Back