Rocket R and Rocket GT video

Short and in French but interesting; I've learned that the first market for Triumph was the US already in the 60s and all Hollywood actors had to ride on a Triumph.

The first Rocket 3 was really lighter, belonged to BSA but was killed by the Japanese tsunami and in particular when the Honda 750 arrived. However the 3 cylinders Rocket 3 developed by Triumph won the Tourist Trophy, the Bold d'Or and even Daytona in 1971 vs the Honda and other Japanese bikes ! :

Triumph Rocket 3 : Dragster sur deux roues - Automoto | TF1

Short and in French but interesting; I've learned that the first market for Triumph was the US already in the 60s and all Hollywood actors had to ride on a Triumph.

The first Rocket 3 was really lighter, belonged to BSA but was killed by the Japanese tsunami and in particular when the Honda 750 arrived. However the 3 cylinders Rocket 3 developed by Triumph won the Tourist Trophy, the Bold d'Or and even Daytona in 1971 vs the Honda and other Japanese bikes ! :

Triumph Rocket 3 : Dragster sur deux roues - Automoto | TF1
Funnily enough, I was at a bike show today and saw these....
7F5F2786-5B39-43B4-9F58-BB654E95AA5B.jpeg
8D2793EE-D74D-4269-9D5B-C64ED5AA70D6.jpeg
51A8116D-7D3D-4559-85CE-4EF37A206EF4.jpeg

Funnily enough, I was at a bike show today and saw these....
7F5F2786-5B39-43B4-9F58-BB654E95AA5B.jpeg
8D2793EE-D74D-4269-9D5B-C64ED5AA70D6.jpeg
51A8116D-7D3D-4559-85CE-4EF37A206EF4.jpeg

"Great minds meet" ;).
When you think, today more than 50 years after the above historical events, Honda is No1 in MotoGp with Marquez...
...and also Triumph in Moto2 and whatever Triumph riders results :D : For the Ride

In about 2 mths time, I should get my R3 and should be able to enjoy it on small and curvy roads similarly to this guy (except that the R3 will be mine unlike his :D). Below is my translation of the main comments of his test of the R3 lent by the dealer (I've ignored those he made about the R3 features) :

I've been riding it for 10 minutes and I am already loving this bike.
It is unbelievable how dynamic and easy it is to ride the R3 on small and curvy roads.
Wow the breaks and how great is their pairing.
Supeeer stable, very healthy frame, veeeeeeeeeeery playful bike.
Ah Fu.. what a phenomenal and incredible torque. it is mind-blowing.
At very low speed, you can feel more its weight but still very easy to maneuver it.
Should be fun as well on a speed track but the pegs should touch quickly the ground, let me test it...: oh yeah they do scrap the ground
(we can hear it at about 4:52), I'm really enjoying, just pure pleasure.
I had a blast with it. Awesome bike. Aaah if I was rich...

Last edited:
Don't stop the bike if you loose the ignition key...:rolleyes:

Good call, I noted that issue on my ride report about the FOB, it is good Triumph has a work around when the battery dies in it too.

Herman let me ride his 2007 Classic up into those mountains a few years ago. Beautiful place, just wished she had showed us the mountain portion of the ride.

And I would be remiss if I didn't notice her eyes are amazing in that helmet...

Back