Rocket on the Bonneville Salt Flats

we have enough farm roads here to safely hit top speed w/o police around, gotta watch those planes tho'

Way to go, Bill!!!
How come "Pierre" didn't ride out there?

well youve done it now lets just all meet at the salt flats.

I just couldn't do that. After living in the "rust belt" my whole life. I don't even ride my bike in the spring until we've had some serious rain to get rid of the salt. My old Toronado came from Flagstaff New Mexico. Never been in the salt. It's now nearly 50 years old and still amazes me when I work on it that everything comes apart without a problem. Awhile back I took the mufflers and tailpipes off so I could replace the rubber under the gas tank straps. Took the mufflers and tailpipes off, with wrenches, not a torch !

I just couldn't do that. After living in the "rust belt" my whole life. I don't even ride my bike in the spring until we've had some serious rain to get rid of the salt. My old Toronado came from Flagstaff New Mexico. Never been in the salt. It's now nearly 50 years old and still amazes me when I work on it that everything comes apart without a problem. Awhile back I took the mufflers and tailpipes off so I could replace the rubber under the gas tank straps. Took the mufflers and tailpipes off, with wrenches, not a torch !
I'm with you there. I have a Patrol 4x4 I brought new 14 years ago and I still can't bring myself to drive it on the beach. I've had it in some bad spots in the bush but I don't want salt and sand on and in everything underneath. Going to Fraser Island in Sept. Looking at hiring a 4x4.

Hey Bull, "Patrick" didn't say why he didn't want to go out on the flats. I agree with some of the guys about the possible salt damage. I have cleaned her really good ... twice. Yeah I'm still finding little bits here and there.

Hey Bull, "Patrick" didn't say why he didn't want to go out on the flats. I agree with some of the guys about the possible salt damage. I have cleaned her really good ... twice. Yeah I'm still finding little bits here and there.

Well, good on ya for doing it.
Don't think one shot will ruin anything.
I wonder if salt flats natural salt is more or less corrosive than what is used on roadways???

Back