Nussekudden

.020 Over
Not sure that this post is something for this forum, but I hope that there are at least one or two motorheads that would appriciate these links.

For the first time ever a "flying kilometer" race was held on ice, in a place in northen Sweden called Funäsdalen. We who was there had the time of our life. I had no idea what I was doing when I entered and since I never tryed riding on ice, the tire set up was a disaster. I olny manage 148 km/h but it was an experince of speed like nothing else and the adrenaline was pumping and I never had so much fun on the bike. However I was not alone in underestimating the difficulties. When a heavily tuned Audi RS4 could not do more then 170 km/h with street leagal spiked tires and was the fastest car with 226 km/h after changing to winter rally tires, you might get a hint.

Fastest of all was a tuned Hayabusa with a full set of ice racing spikes, who did 247 km/h when the tires exploded due to the weight of the spikes.

By the way, the Rocket is really hard to start when it's - 30 * C.

http://www.kreativt.nu/index.php/Fotoblogg/Speed-Weekend-Funasdalen-2009.html
photo4fun.se
YouTube - Speed Weekend 2009

I'm sorry that the movie are in Swedish but there are a few things that you don't need to understand the speaker to appriciate.

Webb-TV - Auto Motor & Sport - Sveriges snabbaste bil-tv!

You guys are bored :D

That really was awesome! Thanks for posting. I wish there was some footage of your bike.

Thanks!

Thanks for the post, your bike looks great...charger and the nobbies make my Rocket look tame. The more I see of the darkside the more it is pulling me in...

The dual sled set up was pretty cool.:cool:

This is one way to cure cabin fever, you would just need to make sure to keep your beer 'warm' so it doesn't freeze.:mad:

I was gonna ask.... what are you guys doing with all that old American Iron over there? :D

You don't see many old shoebox Fords around. That would be cool if it was still running the flathead.

Back