Rocket for my Rocket

Hot Dam

What a cool dude with a cool car.Bet no one tailgates him..Seems he did all the work.Hombre has to farm out every thing..We have a salvage depot here and I can buy you an engine If you need one..Even liquid rocket engines but you have to get your own fuel..Hey how bout a JATO motor for the rocket..HMMM Jack PS dont forget to file a point on your head.

Last edited:
Flip

I can get you a motor to If you want to speed up those BBQ sessions..Can't guarante the taste though. Jack

I just did the calculation for the highest possible top speed of the Rocket (using max RPMs, tire size, tranny ratio, final drive ratio) and it's 179.3 mph. So I will have to drop it into neutral and rely on the other rocket engine to get me any faster.

Pig9r,
Thank you.. I see these guys spending $5-$6K+ on a supercharger or turbo kit, ram air, cams, along with stronger clutch, exhaust mods, dyno time, etc. but without different gear ratios in the transmission or final drive, it doesn't matter if you have 200 HP or 300 HP. Although, I love the looks of the supercharger sticking out on the side.. Might have to try that someday $$$..

Once you have the HP to pull you to redline in top gear, you're not going to go any faster no matter how much HP you have. Which is where those little jet engines sure would come in handy!.. I haven't tried, and I don't have a TuneBoy, but I bet we have almost enough power already to pull to redline in top gear...

Sure with more power, you'll get to speed a bit quicker, but I can't see knocking too much time off the 1/4 mile like some guys are trying with just power alone..

By the way, that is so cool that there are no laws on the books concerning jet engines in cars in his state!.. lol

Last edited:
Back