rocket classic.. can you drag the pegs?

Some of us served with this:
What.jpg

@1olbull That is my favorite ! My office hosts a monthly friends match at the rifle range, loosely based on Service Rifle rules, and that is what I take to the match -- mine made by Fulton Armory.

Although the lil black one had issues at first, from A2 on it is a good tool out to 500 or 600 yards. I had one in the first gulf war as a jar head.
I hear you on the roling bolt presicesdors, I like them too. Ideally one would have several of each.

Let's see, there was something here somewhere about dragging the pegs.

Let's say, hypothetically of course, you know, "a friend has this problem" . . . he just does enough to get the bike from point A to point B, and would like to have more fun in the twisties (or even on/off ramps).

Is there a good practical description of how one -- my friend you know -- develops the skill and confidence to approach dragging the pegs, thus getting more performance out of the bike ?

With the narrower rear tire of the Touring and reported better handling it shouldn't be too hard to build the confidence. The key thing is not to react quickly and straighten up mid corner running wide when it scrapes as it will happily grind away a lot of metal before it becomes unstable or exceeds the grip of the tires.

Note this is on a DRY road in good nick without big bumps, potholes, gravel or wet leaves etc. You can do it at relatively low speed usually well before you have used the whole tire contact patch width.

If you are really worried about finding the point get a cheap pair of FOLD UP h'way pegs and mount them low on your front tipover bars angled backwards. Make the bolt on the flip up hinge loose so they fold as soon as it touches and you can then experiment how far you need to lean before they touch which can be done at fairly low speed on a roundabout. This way they will not dig in if angled back and loose. You can then gradually move them up till you are scraping your foot boards as well. You don't have to have your feet up on the h'way pegs just use them as a guide!

The R3T has replaceable scrapers on the floor boards so all you need to do is practice going into the twisties and corners a bit faster until you feel comfortable then do it again and again.

I find calibrating my internal pitch/yaw controller with the lean-angle sensor in my ear canals projected through my retina-mount translucent protractor with pre-ride parameters gleaned from perusing the Triumph Rocket 3 owners manual sees me tipping the big girl over to a delightfully consistent 35° both left and right :thumbsup:

Back