rocket classic.. can you drag the pegs?

El Bruto

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 2005/6 modifed!!!!
just got back on my rocket after a long break.. I know I used to ride the ass off it, but after my accident I seem to have lost a little confidence in the beast...

I know I have ground the pegs before, but does anyone do this regularly, will it handle that dort of lean angle comfortably?

just got back on my rocket after a long break.. I know I used to ride the ass off it, but after my accident I seem to have lost a little confidence in the beast...

I know I have ground the pegs before, but does anyone do this regularly, will it handle that dort of lean angle comfortably?

Take your time and ride how you are comfortable amigo.

It will, drag them if you need it to.

Give it time. Maybe your leaning off more, meaning less bike angle and less dragging for the same speed. I know I would drag a lot if I didn't climb all over the bike when cornering hard.

Also, I know done some work to the bike, did you change anything that would effect ride height, different tire, different shocks etc?

changed the front springs for progressives, and the rear to Hagon Nitro's, but ride height is similar, the foot pegs have been changed to slightly smaller ones... could be the answer

Ground the pegs-why??????????? unless you are a very good rider and know what you are doing, most guys brag --did you hear me scrape all the way thru the curve-- well congrats next time enter and exit correctly:evil: the bike has two contact points with the road A-front tyre and B-rear tyre now you bring another point C into the equation then points AorB have to give up some traction.
Now some guys mostly sport bike riders have the hero bobs with different colours when they spark and it does look cool.

I got a little too comfortable grinding the floorboards on highway 1 one beautiful afternoon when I felt the rear tire lift off the ground. I don't think I've gotten back to that point yet. I probably shouldn't.

I drag my Roadsters pegs often. They move up so it's not like (point C) the fulcrum point of floorboards. There are several turns on the road home when entered at speed its unavoidable. As far as handling the lean angle, there is a point that is too far for any bike, so keep that in mind. The bike will handle just about anything until it slides out from under you. So the real question is can you handle the lean angle comfortably.

The Roadster will over on the RHS on to the exhaust heat shield that covers the radius into the muffler. At that point you will run out of rear rubber. On the LHS the engine rail will touch down first...A few blokes here will tell you how much fun that is. Neither happens until there's been a fair whack of peg grinding going on so it sounds like a confidence issue - understandable given your off.

Dragon-Left.jpg
Dragon-Right.jpg

Back