Rocket 3R, Six weeks in.

Nice review. Have never spilled any gas to this point, just lucky I guess. 10’000 miles and still loving it.
I'm normally VERY careful... tried too hard yesterday and for the first time doused the tank... I was pissed. Fortunately I carry a bottle of water and a rag so that helped...
-MIG

The gt foot controls all the way back have my shin perpendicular to my thigh. Seems perfect. Would not want foot back furthur, more bent leg position. personal preferance.

Can you post pic of you bike with screen?

Last edited:
I'm normally VERY careful... tried too hard yesterday and for the first time doused the tank... I was pissed. Fortunately I carry a bottle of water and a rag so that helped...
-MIG
If I coated my TFC tank with gas I’d take a cussing fit. Honestly I’ve never had any issues refueling it.

Reactions: MIG
Do u tell the gas tank to say ah
before carefully inserting the nozzle paying close attension in case there is any pain. Well that didn't hurt u will b good for a while.

Can you tell us more about the windshield ? How much relief did it offer from headwinds and do you feel like it made a huge difference ?

I bought that same windscreen from Turkey thats sold on Amazon. Bought the light tint version..
The head bobble at 75mph is gone.

I bought that same windscreen from Turkey thats sold on Amazon. Bought the light tint version..
The head bobble at 75mph is gone.
I have the R and even the factory GT screen I found smooths the airflow around my head enough (I'm 5'10") that I can ride at 125km/h without it being too difficult. Whereas without it, you're just always holding on at those speeds... Not sure I can go the look of the bigger aftermarket ones...

Good write up...do your suspension as per the video and the bike will be way different!...Also, the GT you test rode would have had the preload set right down!..no wonder you got spine jar!...They leave the factory set like that....The dealers should point that out to riders taking them for a test ride i feel.....youre gonna love this machine!