Rocket 3 GT Exhaust Mod from Meerkat!!!!

Second that. If you email Peter he will send you a document with the instructions. Alternatively, versions of it are in the files section of the R3 Owners and Fans group on FB...
I'm struggling to find any contact info for Peter - any pointers?

So I pinged Peter an email and he got back to me straight away with full details of both of his mods - top bloke!

Option 1 - Deleting the Cat requires drilling three 2" holes in strategic places and removing sections of tubing within. It effectively bypasses the Cat and makes the path between the headers and the exit holes more 'straight through' with a marked increase in the exhaust note - not too loud so to be anti-social but more appropriate in my view.

Option 2 - Keeping the Cat .The result is a more subtle sound increase but still noticeable.

Attachments

• Option 1 page 1png.png
    Option 1 page 1png.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Option 1 page 2.png
    Option 1 page 2.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Option 1 page 3.png
    Option 1 page 3.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Option 1 page 4.png
    Option 1 page 4.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Option 2.png
    Option 2.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Option 2 page 2.png
    Option 2 page 2.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Option 2 page 3.png
    Option 2 page 3.png
    171 KB · Views: 90
  • Option 2 page 4.png
    Option 2 page 4.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I decided to entrust the modification to my local welder - its the kind of stuff I usually love to do myself but I currently have a shoulder injury which makes the use of power tools very painful. I got the silencer assembly off in about 15 minutes (just three bolts and a clamp), removed all of the heatshields and then dropped it off to my local welder with a full set of Meerkat's very detailed intructions. 2 days later I picked it up and paid a very reasonable fee and immediately reinstalled it - this took a bit longer than I thought due to the quite fiddly bolts & spacers (would have been easier on a lift) but finally it was ready for a test ride.
My immediate reaction was that it was quite a subtle increase in sound at low revs with a bit more attitude when going up through the gears - this is how a Rocket should sound from the factory 😈. Coasting back down through the gears, the old reserved burbling & popping has now changed to more of a crackle and car drivers start to hear you when you filter through traffic. Grab a handful of throttle when entering a motorway and she now sounds like a slightly naughty 2.5 litre triple that wants to get up to some mischief - not too loud but just enough in my opinion.
As for performance, i doubt that this mod has made any difference but for me it is all about the sound and I'm a happy chappy now 😁😁

Last edited:
I decided to entrust the modification to my local welder - its the kind of stuff I usually love to do myself but I currently have a shoulder injury which makes the use of power tools very painful. <snip>

Did you go Option 1 or 2? :rolleyes:

None of the exhaust options will give much in the way of HP increase, most of the flow restriction will be in the headers. Just whack the Penner tune on and go. :cool:

Back