Rocket 3 GT Exhaust Mod from Meerkat!!!!

20220117_132826.jpg
You will need to weld some sort of support to the existing bracket. Not the prettiest set up underneath. But my werks competion exhaust system is on back order so I had to do something. Couldn't wait 6 to 8 weeks with the stock sound of this bike. But trust me you will not be unhappy with this modification. I tried again to load the sound clip but it keeps getting denied. In comparison to me it sounds just as good as the works. But better because it still does the popping sound upon deceleration. That feature is built into the muffler system not the cat so it's louder and louder popping on deceleration. And wide open throttle she comes alive!

You will need to weld some sort of support to the existing bracket. Not the prettiest set up underneath. But my werks competion exhaust system is on back order so I had to do something. Couldn't wait 6 to 8 weeks with the stock sound of this bike. But trust me you will not be unhappy with this modification. I tried again to load the sound clip but it keeps getting denied. In comparison to me it sounds just as good as the works. But better because it still does the popping sound upon deceleration. That feature is built into the muffler system not the cat so it's louder and louder popping on deceleration. And wide open throttle she comes alive!
Definitely need a tune after that

So I uploaded a video on YouTube shorts don't know why it won't let me upload it regularly if you all want to hear it the bike. Triumph rocket 3 full cat and 3rd muffler delete.

So I uploaded a video on YouTube shorts don't know why it won't let me upload it regularly if you all want to hear it the bike. Triumph rocket 3 full cat and 3rd muffler delete.
Sounds good, once again you did well! If you decide to get rid of it once you get your competition werks mufflers let me know what its worth to you. Enjoy!

Just curious if you are still happy with the sound from modifying the exhaust with the Meerkat DIY and if you have seen any issues with it? I am thinking of doing this next week because I am still not in love with any of the aftermarket exhausts I've seen to date. Any feedback you could give would be great! Thanks.

Finally was able to go for a real ride since it was a balmy 40deg Fahrenheit…the mod seems to be working/sounding good. As stated in my previous post, the sound is way deeper at idle and lower RPMs and then is similar to stock but louder. No drone at all at highway speeds. 👍

I‘d be glad to help anyone who is thinking of doing this mod and or the simpler mod described in this original thread . I’d also consider swapping (for a slight fee) my moded exhaust for a stock exhaust as I’d like to continue experimenting with different mods for the stock exhaust.

Also, if anyone has a stock exhaust they’d like to sell, please PM me.

Thanks
Do you still have it up for sale or trade?

Good evening everyone . I also like the same original exhaust. Has anyone tried this modification? works well ? and have you reprogrammed the ecu ? Is this a difficult change to make? I'd like to do it too. Thanks for anyone who can give me directions

Back