Rocket 3 coughs at very first throttle opening

bobble26

Standard Bore
Ride
rocket 3
I have a rocket 3 which has a ramair kit fitted. but I just can't seem to get it to run right. as I first open the throttle I get a small cough or stutter as if the bike is going to cut out.
I have set the TPS, and fitted a new stepper motor. I have tried 2 TPS sensors, using ECU tune I have set the stepper motor, but on the second stage it seems to take a little while to get to the .70v but have tried every thing and still this little cough or stutter. so any ideas would be of great help

what year, mileage
spray linkages springs ect then open throttle and let it fly shut. a couple of times.
if that doesn't fix the prob then check the vacuum hoses from tb's to map sensor (has to b same length) also little rubber caps on tb"s (throtle bodys)

what year, mileage
spray linkages springs ect then open throttle and let it fly shut. a couple of times.
if that doesn't fix the prob then check the vacuum hoses from tb's to map sensor (has to b same length) also little rubber caps on tb"s (throtle bodys)
Sounds like it's lean when you crack the throttle, check for vacuum leak/leaks. Like Turbo2004 suggested, look hard at vacuum hoses, caps, and map sensor connections.

Sounds like it's lean when you crack the throttle, check for vacuum leak/leaks. Like Turbo2004 suggested, look hard at vacuum hoses, caps, and map sensor connections.
I would agree that it does feel like an air leak, but I have had a good look at the hoses to the map sensor, and checked the little " rubber caps "
I will have another good look tomorrow when back at the workshop.
i did notice the hoses were all different lengths. I will will make them all the same lengths, along with spraying the linkages. and report what i find
thanks

Back