Roadster transmission problems sorted.... My a***!

ME???
NEVER!!!
Ape Hangers Forever.jpg

im in the same school off thought burn outs thrashing the thing removed the outa butterflys add a Viking (cheers Paul) ram air always Motul oil ect and mine lost 4th only and so inspected Detent spring all good but replaced rode it but called it a 4 speed , only to be told by our man John in Katikati nz that it will be a bent selctor arm so I done another 10000 odd ks and rode into his shop one day and a week later he had repaired the issue for less than $1k nzd so normal riding has resumed and ive got my 5 speed back ive had friends do the same repair in the dealers and have come home with a fixd gearbox and mmmmm a sore bum ? and 4k less in there pocket hardend gears and afta market shiming kits ???? fck just do it once triump and do it properly forchucksteak anyway that's my 10 cents worth

I spoke with Triump America Friday about my tranmission problem on my '14 R3R with 14 miles. The transmission locked on me at 60 mph while shifting from 4-5th.. The said they would open an investigation into it. The dealer said it looked to be a problem with the circlip groove not being deep enough and he gears pushing it onto the shaft. The have repaired 6 last year and currently have 4 in for the same repair. If you have had transmission problems please call Triumph, 678-854-2010 and let them know. Also report it on the NHTSA site. If enough people have the same issue a recall will be ordered.

Back