Roadster to Touring in 3...2...

@TXtriple
Beautiful!
Thumbs-Up.jpg

IMAG0868.jpg

Mutazu model MU...$259 on eBay. Their mounting brackets suck and they need reinforced on the inside but they flow nicely with R3 lines.
And from experience they are NOT waterproof - imo hold little. I had them too.

Now have a pair of SHAD 43litre cases fitted on home made frames.

ITGDONE.jpg

Thank you! I think they turned out nice. But as Barbagris stated, they are not even close to waterproof. Actually, I don't know if their design could even be made waterproof. I carried hiking "dry bags" with me in case the skies darkened. But between the bags and a backpack I was able to carry enough gear for a week long ride through the Ozarks.

The ride didn't LAST a week, but I had enough gear! :(

Yep corbin does look good a disintegrates on contact with the pavement.

20180328_170705_001.jpg

Now hepco and becker are tough and come in either 30 or 40 liter size

SzczepaniaksPics011.jpg

2009_09160001.jpg

I have done lots of travelling with HB's and cannot recommend them highly enough although I sometimes look at the beetle bags and think ..... they just look good. The HB's sit higher and sometimes when I look at the Rocket from behind I imagine it to be an Adventure bike .... which it is in a way. I still use bag liners (courtesy @Ishrub). Water and dustproof and solid.

But as Barbagris stated, they are not even close to waterproof. Actually, I don't know if their design could even be made waterproof.
There are at least two guys I know here in Spain who tried - without success. You need waterproof liners. And for those who need their PC whilst travelling - you will have fun trying to get anything decent through the doors. Yup - they look nice. And one day the ones I have MAY go back on. But whilst I need travel capacity - nope.

0EB5B261-5386-4BAA-AA29-6D3325776338.jpeg
Dad is going too grey too quickly as I have 2 boys and both like it.
However I like it that much I found another one at an absolute bargain price and I just couldn’t say no. So I bought it.

Back