Roadster Tire Replacement Advice Please

Good advise fellers. Will try next. I still think that my 2010 touring with the big front tire will out handle my 2007 standard (unless I am checking the mail). Going to play a bit

I had the Road 5 installed this afternoon.

The shop included a document stating that they strongly advised the that a rear tire was not designed to run in the front and they have zero liability!

The handling is certainly much better than the Metz though!
And did they reverse the normal rear fitted arrow direction?

They did. That was also part of chastising work order....

I spoke with the service manager outside after it was done and he said they used to do it all the time in the his old shop for Goldwing trike riders.

he said it was just a CYA for the shop.

OK, just rode home after having the Excedra Max installed on the rear and the Road 5 (reversed) on the front. Didn't hunt any twisties as its about 30F right now but can really feel the difference just on some vanilla street riding back to the hacienda. The bike feels like a different animal entirely, can't wait to get out and do some real riding :)

OK, just rode home after having the Excedra Max installed on the rear and the Road 5 (reversed) on the front. Didn't hunt any twisties as its about 30F right now but can really feel the difference just on some vanilla street riding back to the hacienda. The bike feels like a different animal entirely, can't wait to get out and do some real riding :)

I do not know your suspension set up, but just wait until you push some twisties . . .
Nearly a religious experience!

I do not know your suspension set up, but just wait until you push some twisties . . .
Nearly a religious experience!

I'm totally stock on the suspension 1olbull, that will likely be another avenue on which to shed some disposable income in the not too distant future :)

I am definitely looking forward to some twisties regardless!

The stock suspension is a POS and will cause your bike to wallow in a sweet twistie.
If at or near your lean angle limit, this can be scary because things motorcycle can and will dig into the pavement possibly upending your butt.
While certainly no sport bike, if properly set up, this big butted female dog can handle the twisties fairly well.
When ready check out Progressive 444 rear and front springs. Not the absolute best, but best bang for the bucks, IMHO.
I also hope you are running a ExedraMax 240/55R16 on the rear. With the 150/70R17 Road5 it sets up the best rake/trail for quicker, more stable cornering.

The stock suspension is a POS and will cause your bike to wallow in a sweet twistie.
If at or near your lean angle limit, this can be scary because things motorcycle can and will dig into the pavement possibly upending your butt.
While certainly no sport bike, if properly set up, this big butted female dog can handle the twisties fairly well.
When ready check out Progressive 444 rear and front springs. Not the absolute best, but best bang for the bucks, IMHO.
I also hope you are running a ExedraMax 240/55R16 on the rear. With the 150/70R17 Road5 it sets up the best rake/trail for quicker, more stable cornering.

I did indeed secure the Exedra Max 240/55R16 on the rear and 150/70R17 Road 5 on the front. Will heed your recommendation on the Progressive springs although that may await spring at this point- still struggling to find a dyno operator willing and able to work on a Rocket and thats at the top of my list.

I did indeed secure the Exedra Max 240/55R16 on the rear and 150/70R17 Road 5 on the front. Will heed your recommendation on the Progressive springs although that may await spring at this point- still struggling to find a dyno operator willing and able to work on a Rocket and thats at the top of my list.

Consider riding out here.
I'll introduce to the Guru Tuner, Nels.
I have the front fork tool for changing those springs.
I have a free bedroom & flop. :D :thumbsup:

Back