kajoh

.040 Over
Windsor, Ontario, Canada just across from lovely D
Here are a couple of pics of a 2011 Roadster that is for sale on other side of the pond.

Pretty cool colour...hope they become available over here.

Just wondering what you guys think??? ****, wish they made some Corbin like bags that were colour matched. Think would look pretty **** good. :cool:

Here are a couple of pics of a 2011 Roadster that is for sale on other side of the pond.

Pretty cool colour...hope they become available over here.

Just wondering what you guys think??? ****, wish they made some Corbin like bags that were colour matched. Think would look pretty **** good. :cool:

Killer two toned paint. Not really sold on those bazooka mufflers but the roadster is a sweet machine nonetheless.

Killer two toned paint. Not really sold on those bazooka mufflers but the roadster is a sweet machine nonetheless.

Yeah, love the paint, and the mufflers? Didn't like them at first but have had my Roadster for more than a year now and they have grown in my liking. Can't bear to change them as it spoils the "look" :cool:

I really like those huge pipes, it's those English license plates that turn me off. LOL

I really like those huge pipes, it's those English license plates that turn me off. LOL
Hey dude, off topic but your take on matters R3 usually is spot on: suspension. Looking at Progressive fork springs but how about for the aft section? 440's? KSS? Ohlin? No answer on the other thread that satisfies so I sucker punched you here! Impart your wisdom oh Yoda of the belly pan!

I'll be staying with stock 12.5" length as I like the handling characteristics of my '05, don't want to affect trail length either, but want a bit more responsive suspension feel.

Hey dude, off topic but your take on matters R3 usually is spot on: suspension. Looking at Progressive fork springs but how about for the aft section? 440's? KSS? Ohlin? No answer on the other thread that satisfies so I sucker punched you here! Impart your wisdom oh Yoda of the belly pan!
I've only used the 440's with standard springs and the 418's with heavy duty. Personally I like the 418's due to the adjustable damping, lower cost and exposed springs, but they are discontinued. The 440's were nice, I just made the mistake of not getting HD springs, I might have just kept them if I had. The extra cost on the 440's were related to the threaded preload adjustment rather than the notched type on the 418's and stock Triumph. After having shocks with adjustable damping as well as preload ... I would choose adjustable damping shocks again in a second. But Progressive discontinued them :mad:.
There still may be some 418 Heavy Duty in 12 1/2" available out there somewhere, you could look around.
If money were no object, I would still choose adjustable damping as well as preload and maybe try out some of those expensive cooling finned shocks with the external reservoir. ;)
That's all I can tell you about them, like I said before, really enjoying the 418 HD's.

That is the color I want on the 2012 R3T...Triumph are you listening?

Dennis

70 dtg Dubai
71 dtg Home for good!

I agree Molinoman...I wish Triumph would listen to what its customers are saying. They should see that there are quite a few customers that love that Corbin beetle bag look and they should come up with a similiar design. If you combine that with that colour scheme, or something different that no one else is offering then I think it would surprise them.

We can only hope.

Well I have about 6 -10 months to wait and find out what they are going to do. If the R3T is not available in the "Haze Red" color scheme...who knows...if the Roadster comes out in it...I may just go that route...but I really would prefer that the R3T get's that treatment if anyone at Triumph figures out that the Haze red/black is an awesome color combo...it's why I went to the Thunderbird 1700 instead of settling for the available R3T colors this year.

Dennis

70 dtg Dubai
71 dtg Home for good!

Back