New very high pitch cricket sound from 2013 Roadster

Hi Triumph friends!

A new noise recently appeared in the wide spectrum of sounds from my Rocket 2013 Roadster engine.
Here’s the video where you can hear it between seconds 2 and 6. After second 6, I roll on the throttle and it disappears.

There was always a lot of whining and other normal noises, but as I passed 20000 miles, this new highest pitch started to come and go. It is like crickets. I read, there is a thing called chirping and it happens with bike gets modified with Ramair filters, but mine is completely stock.

It started on a long range cruse at 70 mph. Mostly between 2000 and 2700, sometimes at or close to idle. While on cruise at 70 mph, it can be lasting for dozens of minutes and then disappear for a while, but it comes back again. I can hear it even when the bike is in neutral when revving in said range.
The frequency of this noise doesn’t change with RPM.

No degradation of performance was observed.
What preventative maintenance should I try to look into?
Thank you
It sounds the same as my 2014 roadster. Mine has always had that chirp and has been no problem.

Many Roadsters have crickets. Just how it is :p

It's a normal sound for the engine, the more open the intake is, the more you'll hear it.

On all the rockets I've replaced cams in or other rocket's I've heard with replaced cams, the sound is gone, supporting the hypothesis of so many riders over the years that it's a noise generated by the intake valves.

Your engine sounds exactly like they should.

There could be a chance your exhaust is clogged a little and now the sound level is lower so you hear it more now. Who knows.
The main point here is that it's not going to do any damage at all. Ride on, check the intake connections making sure your air filter is doing its job.

Back