Roadster Fly Screen FOR SALE

I find that even fly screens send too much wind around your head and I can't stand the buffetting and extra wind noise. Rocket offers plenty of protection thanks to the lights and tank and very little hits your chest compared to other bikes. And besides, it looks so much better without, IMO.
Agree , i just put one on my bike...don't mind the look but buffeting is giving me the sh!ts. I've got a RXT Metro, it's the best lid i've ever had and the flyscreen will get the flick before the helmet does. TeamMoto quoted me $450 for the flyscreen and brackets. Densell let me know if you're interested in mine at half new price.

SO THE GENERAL OPINION IS NO ON THE FLYSCREEN??:eek:.. FOR LESS WIND BUFFETING GO WITH A WIND SCREEN?? :(.. I WAS CONSIDERING THE FLYSCREEN.. I FIGURED WIND OFF MY CHEST WOULD HELP FATIGUE..

SO THE GENERAL OPINION IS NO ON THE FLYSCREEN??:eek:.. FOR LESS WIND BUFFETING GO WITH A WIND SCREEN?? :(.. I WAS CONSIDERING THE FLYSCREEN.. I FIGURED WIND OFF MY CHEST WOULD HELP FATIGUE..

I have the flyscreen. I like the look and it is a great place to stash a small bag or a couple of coldies ;)

As far as wind, I can't really tell much difference, I have as much wind with or without :eek:

Buffeting seems a lot less noticeable if im wearing my open face or fullface helmets... just seems bad with the RXT ( open face with a flip-up visor)

different storke for different folks

I have that screen and it cut the wind just at the base of my helmet and I am going to buy the shark evoline helmet so I keep that good looking screen

I have this screen and the Shark evoline series 2 and both work really well together. I do notice that my shoei doesn't work as well on this bike especially with the flyscreen. Interestingly if I ride the roadster with no screen my Shoei XR1100 is better than with the screen.

that said, everyone that has ridden my bike is amazed at how much wind this little thing deflects away from your chest. i love it!

Buffeting seems a lot less noticeable if im wearing my open face or fullface helmets... just seems bad with the RXT ( open face with a flip-up visor)

I ride a lot with an old shorty half sized, and end up pulling off the short visor (as in brim) because of buffeting with the flyscreen. Smoothed it out considerably. I imagine the new Bell full face will be fine. When wind is not wanted, the big screen does the trick admirably.

THX TOMCAT, I THINK I'LL END UP TRYING THE FLYSCREEN..:D.. I JUST WANT TO REDUCE SOME OF THE BUFFETING.. NOT SURE I NEED TO IMITATE A 'WING YET..:eek::D:roll: TIME 'LL TELL..

I have this screen and the Shark evoline series 2 and both work really well together. I do notice that my shoei doesn't work as well on this bike especially with the flyscreen. Interestingly if I ride the roadster with no screen my Shoei XR1100 is better than with the screen.

that said, everyone that has ridden my bike is amazed at how much wind this little thing deflects away from your chest. i love it!

great!! tell me if the helmet works as good as advertised (comfort ease of operation noise) I was ambivalent and looked at the roof boxer as well

Back