Roadster exhaust - what is the limiting factor / what to tackle first

I agree with most of what you guys have said and appreciate all of it. I don't mind some increase in exhaust noise, just don't want to drone myself out or rattle my teeth when I grab a handful.

Main idea of this thread was what comes first (obviously depending on budget) and what I was thinking appears to be the consensus:
Cross Over
Cans
Header (cost being the biggest factor)

My thinking is crossover, then decat the stock pipes (I've already read the threads), if not TORS and either K&Ns or RamAir at the same time. Then possibly header at a later date. All of this understanding that slight noise increase is going to happen, especially induction noise.

Yes, don't forget induction. To get it out, you have to put it in first.

I think some may understate the intake noise increase.

I have some pretty loud cans with a freer flowing crossover and the intake roar, yes roar, drones out the exhaust.

I would agree though, crossover > cans > header & intake (at same time)

What I learned was a piece at a time is a waste of cash. Eventually you'll want a full exhaust system and intake. Do it all at one time and get a map from Hanso. and not have to keep remapping. That way you don't end up with stuff in the garage collecting dust and in your way. I'm currently waiting on a full system from Paul which means the DP slipons will go on the shelf. Looking forward to getting the exhaust installed and remap this spring and put a end to wondering what it will be like.:whitstling::whitstling:

What I learned was a piece at a time is a waste of cash. Eventually you'll want a full exhaust system and intake. Do it all at one time and get a map from Hanso. and not have to keep remapping. That way you don't end up with stuff in the garage collecting dust and in your way. I'm currently waiting on a full system from Paul which means the DP slipons will go on the shelf. Looking forward to getting the exhaust installed and remap this spring and put a end to wondering what it will be like.:whitstling::whitstling:

And then there is BOOOOST!

Did someone say BOOST :D

Rotrex shirt.jpg

If you ride a lot per year and enjoy a reliable bike Paul's system is hard to beat. No heat problems during the summer months and plenty of power in the low end and mid range. Have 38,000 miles on this IMG_0345.JPG Not only looks sharp but rides and rides and rides. No cam chain problems no transmission problems. Not over built and yet not under built. Sounds and rides great. No T-Shirt with the Exhaust system from Paul's but one hell of a ride. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Please Pm me when you get the exhaust system installed.

If you ride a lot per year and enjoy a reliable bike Paul's system is hard to beat. No heat problems during the summer months and plenty of power in the low end and mid range. Have 38,000 miles on this IMG_0345.JPG Not only looks sharp but rides and rides and rides. No cam chain problems no transmission problems. Not over built and yet not under built. Sounds and rides great. No T-Shirt with the Exhaust system from Paul's but one hell of a ride. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Please Pm me when you get the exhaust system installed.
Dude not sure about your T shirt comment as mine was not a Rotrex shirt either its just one I had a friend make up for me. As for the power you just would not understand :)

Last edited:
Back