Roadster Carbon Fiber

dublflush

.040 Over
Had some guys with roadsters asking for frame covers (different from standard).

Attachments

• roadster frame cover.jpg
    roadster frame cover.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 62
I fully appreciate the structural and weight advantages - and understand that aesthetics are very personal. But am I the only one who'd like to have a matte (even textured) finish on CF?.

I toyed with the idea of skinning the bearclaw and side panels (I have 2 sets). But I backed down as don't want shiny if I do.

If I'm honest - The pinseal ABS finish - I rather like. But it just looks plastic-y. Maybe painted to match? I dunno.

I'm just unsure how CF would look if not polished - or somehow left satin-ish.

I fully appreciate the structural and weight advantages - and understand that aesthetics are very personal. But am I the only one who'd like to have a matte (even textured) finish on CF?.

I toyed with the idea of skinning the bearclaw and side panels (I have 2 sets). But I backed down as don't want shiny if I do.

If I'm honest - The pinseal ABS finish - I rather like. But it just looks plastic-y. Maybe painted to match? I dunno.

I'm just unsure how CF would look if not polished - or somehow left satin-ish.

If you have a poke around on my web site ( look at vfr parts) you will see a couple of parts I do in a satin finish. I really like the kind of flat finish on carbon.
Aprilia's new sports bike have it.

Back