No you don't, not to just change and/or bleed the Roadster ABS back brake. You only need the Triumph factory ABS tool when doing the front brakes and complete ABS system.
I have bleed my back brakes three times. On each occasion it was because the back brakes got mushy. Pump the air out and they work fine, ABS works fine but believe factory may not have got all the air out of the system. After 30,000 miles it seems to be holding it's own for now.

No you don't, not to just change and/or bleed the Roadster ABS back brake. You only need the Triumph factory ABS tool when doing the front brakes and complete ABS system.

Ish,
So then, pray tell what's the difference???

BTW - I Googled "Triumph factory ABS tool" and this was the first response:
DealerTool diagnostic access to your ECU, for Triumph, Keihin and Sagem ECUs. Dealer Tool OBD and diagnostic interface for Daytona, 675, sprint, speed triple, bonneville, tiger, Rocket3, Rocket

Apparently there is a dealer intended use, very expensive tool/ piece of equipment required to do a drain and replace of the ABS system when changing the front brake fluid and associated ABS system. As stated it is not required to use it to change the fluid for back brakes only.

Maybe @Claviger or someone similarly informed can explain it better.

I've never bleed/changed fluid, never had a need to, feels great, just like it always has, even after changing pads on both ends.

When I do decide to flush/replace fluids I'll let the dealer do it... it's your BRAKES! A wonky tune, a slightly miss adjusted cable, a slightly out of balance rim, etc won't directly lead to your death....your ABS system will lol, some things are not worth saving $100 on. Just my $0.02.

2014 and never changed out brake fluid? Your a braver man then me. Motorcycles are a bit different from cars. Every two years and sometimes before then just to be save. Conditions are different for bikes. Will spend the money for the special tool.

Apparently there is a dealer intended use, very expensive tool/ piece of equipment required to do a drain and replace of the ABS system when changing the front brake fluid and associated ABS system. As stated it is not required to use it to change the fluid for back brakes only.

Maybe @Claviger or someone similarly informed can explain it better.

I reckon what you refer to is the dealer tool that is not vin specific.
The one we can purchase ourselves is.

Steve, it appears your linked aftermarket tool may be the item required but after reading their screens as below I will leave my bi-annual brake fluid replacement to the dealer anyway.

I fronted without a booking and had them change worn out rear pads and fluid and they did saying the ABS tool was not required and they could and did it quickly at low cost for 20min labour AU$45 I think it was as they did not have time to do the fronts as well which required use of the ABS tool etc.
A few months later I booked it in to replace radiator hoses and flush/change front brake fluid and ABS system and when I picked it up they said they did the rear as well again and noticed it was new fluid so didn't charge as it was discussed when dropped off with workshop foreman that they had recently done the rear and only had to do the front this time. Like @Claviger I will leave my brake services to them.

upload_2017-8-14_12-57-9.png

Last edited:
Glad you are now boned up, Ish! :roll: :thumbsup:
Translation of that Dealer Warning . . .

"WARNING! US DEALERS WANT YOUR MONEY!
THE LESS YOU LEARN, THE MORE MONEY WE MAKE!"

Last edited:
Glad you are now boned up, Ish! :roll: :thumbsup:
Translation of that Dealer Warning . . .
"WARNING! US DEALERS WANT YOUR MONEY!
THE LESS YOU LEARN, THE MORE MONEY WE MAKE!"
Updated my earlier post but still happy to leave to dealer as they seem to like me and charge very reasonably for everything I have had done so far even though I usually supply my own parts, tires etc..;):D

Back