Rider leg exhaust heat

kjones256

.020 Over
Ride
'13 Rocket III Touring
Considering that I have not yet owned my R3T through the summer months, as I purchased it in February, I don't know if this is normal or not. However, I replaced my OEM pipes with Triumph's T.O.R.s. The last few times I have ridden the bike while air temps have been above 80 degrees F, I noticed an almost burning heat sensation in my "under thigh" while riding. The heat as to be expected is coming from the exhaust but it is noticeably high on the right side. Is this normal for T.O.R.s? Is it something else, like engine overheating? It happens even while riding at 70mph.

Thanks,
Keith

Since the TORs remove the cats the pipes should flow better therefore less heat. The only time I notice heat on my 2008 R3T is sitting at long stop lights. As long as moving I don't notice the heat, others will tell you otherwise.

have you had a TOR's put in as if not the bike will be running leaner = Hotter which means more Heat given off

Has the bike been retuned? a lean bike will run a lot hotter than a properly tuned bike. You'd be surprised by the cooling properties of the fuel in the combustion process.
geez got interrupted while writing a post and ya post the same in different words LOL :D

Considering that I have not yet owned my R3T through the summer months, as I purchased it in February, I don't know if this is normal or not. However, I replaced my OEM pipes with Triumph's T.O.R.s. The last few times I have ridden the bike while air temps have been above 80 degrees F, I noticed an almost burning heat sensation in my "under thigh" while riding. The heat as to be expected is coming from the exhaust but it is noticeably high on the right side. Is this normal for T.O.R.s? Is it something else, like engine overheating? It happens even while riding at 70mph.

Thanks,
Keith
Wait till you ride in 40°C - cruising (AFR14.5) at 80-90mph. There is a reason why a lot of fireman's gear is still leather. It's a wonderful heat insulator. Leather jeans.

Yes the heat on the right leg is normal for a stock exhaust or TORs exhaust. It is there because the Air Fuel Ratio is too lean from the factory. The way to get rid of the heat is to enrich the fuel mixture. There are several ways to do so. You need to get the TORs tune loaded at your dealer ... OR ... you can download TuneECU and buy a Lonelec cable and have a lot of fun downloading new tunes that will help your Rocket perform a bunch better and loose that heat on your right leg.

Back