Replacing crappy OE rear pegs

the plot thicken!! linkage, stubby footpegs, homemade but no longer available . I am on pins and needles .I need a kilderouge

KildeRouge,
Tell us about your linkage? Have you switched the shift and brake functions for right hand shift? I thought it would be a problem changing from my right hand shift, but I can go from one bike to the other without problems. Generally speaking.

Or have you set up some kind of twisted suicide shift/brake mechanism. Inquiring minds want to know!

For more than 40 years now , all my bikes are side exchanged foot commands ! That's not suicide for me but certainly for the thief who could have the bad idea to try to steal my bike !
In the glorious days of british bikes there were 2 norms for impletting feet commands : the german one and the british one !
The german one , stolen by japoneses atferwards , are a same fonction on a same side ! braking done by right side and gear ( clutch and gear pedal) done by left side !

The british , a contrario , were more respectfull oh human biology ! When you walk , you naturally push forwards the right leg and the left arm ! And at next step it is turn to push left leg with rigth arm ! Human brain is hardwired so ! So when the brain must do a work who use superior and inferior member , it will work quicker if you use the naturally cross linked hardwired biological circuits of brain !

Hence working quicker is working safer . You can see on yourself than when you use german norms your body bend slightly on left when changing gear and on rigth when you brake front and rear . This little bending causes a micro stearing you must counter balance !

All that explains why british norms were better but were steamrolled by japans !
Aftewards human brain have a certain plasticity and every body can learn to work again it's natural biology wiring .
Excuses me to be so long but nothing is as simple as you could have thought !

For the "PegaKil" once you see them it's easy to go and find a
mechanics vocationnal school . Every teachers will be happy to
have a subjet for practical exercises for milling and lathes works !

Back