Removing the Secondary Plates (Butterflies)

Hey HellFire, Let's meet for a Guinness at Port Deposit some Sunday.
I believe that's about halfway between us. Or make some noise at Union Fields (big hardley dangerous hangout).

I'm more than pleased with the results from the mods done so far. No significant mileage loss and power to spare. Just yesterday on the way to work while starting up an on ramp to I-95 a kid on a sport bike with underwear sticking 6 inches out of his pants must have thought I was going too slow and passed me wide open up the hill making all kinds of racket. All I did was roll on the throttle and overtook him before the top of the ramp. He was still at it mashing through the gears so I laid the spurs to her again and since the highway was wide open didn't let up till the next curve seemed like a tight right turn. By then I was past the 145 hash mark wondering why I let a flapping pair of boxer shorts goad me into going so fast. I slowed down and the sport bike went by probably doing better than 150 ... but I got there first! Still, 150mph on a cruiser with saddle bags and a Cee Bailey windscreen so tall you look through it rather than over it is awfully **** impressive to me. The bike stock without windscreen or saddle bags would only go a tad over 135, so there must be something to pulling out those little metal plates, a PCIII, D&D's, triple K&N's and a GI Pro. I'm happy :). Money well spent!

Manic you'll have to send me directions

Last edited:
I'm getting over 33mpg at 80-85 I'm sure if I slowed down it would be much higher....

Rode from York to State College Pa. yesterday and barely broke 2K all day. Refueled at the usual 150 mile mark and did 33.333333333333 MPG. Best I've seen in a long time. This is true MPG since I did the speedometer correction with Tuneboy.

I'm more than pleased with the results from the mods done so far. No significant mileage loss and power to spare. Just yesterday on the way to work while starting up an on ramp to I-95 a kid on a sport bike with underwear sticking 6 inches out of his pants must have thought I was going too slow and passed me wide open up the hill making all kinds of racket. All I did was roll on the throttle and overtook him before the top of the ramp. He was still at it mashing through the gears so I laid the spurs to her again and since the highway was wide open didn't let up till the next curve seemed like a tight right turn. By then I was past the 145 hash mark wondering why I let a flapping pair of boxer shorts goad me into going so fast. I slowed down and the sport bike went by probably doing better than 150 ... but I got there first! Still, 150mph on a cruiser with saddle bags and a Cee Bailey windscreen so tall you look through it rather than over it is awfully **** impressive to me. The bike stock without windscreen or saddle bags would only go a tad over 135, so there must be something to pulling out those little metal plates, a PCIII, D&D's, triple K&N's and a GI Pro. I'm happy :). Money well spent!

Manic you'll have to send me directions

Great story!!! Evil to be sure ... but great story!
Gre

GPM ?? NEVER understood why biker wanting more power would even be concerned w/ it???

This is true MPG since I did the speedometer correction with Tuneboy.
The odometer is correct from the factory. If you set the speedo to read speed correctly then the odometer will be off by the same factor. This means that your bike has actually travelled approximately 7% farther than indicated. so you were getting 35.66666 mpg :D

Back