Reinstating the Wheelie Machine

I always considered my Sprint fairly quick, not a slug, certainly, but might surprise some with the Daytona motor. I'm embarrassed to have left it unfinished all these years.only needs fluids, tune loaded, and a link made from header to muffler.

Well my title arrives today wahoo!! I’ll be all legal and stuff for RAA, without a plate lol.

Cleanest tail tidy ever lmao.

Just hoping my back holds out on the trip, I may end up doing the “hour on then rest an hour” thing lol.

The raised clip on set will help though.

Thankfully my RAM mount and USB port arrive today so I’ll have Waze to help me keep the pace up.

Did a few more things :p
DEFF181D-3E57-4289-B510-CA463D329E26.jpeg 3DE2CC79-25E2-4EAE-8BD2-E591131E84DF.jpeg

The Daytona’s been a dream since being revived. I’m completely enamored with it at the moment.

Had a pleasant surprise today at Nels getting it tuned...

30lb-ft of torque were discovered after doing a TuneECU tune at 4000 RPM. The curve is almost dead flat from 4K-10K and “slightly”, very slightly, rolls off.

13 peak HP and 10+ through the range were found.

The bike is back to wheelie maniac state, only now, it powers up easier than ever before. By 8K it’s already lifting the front tire.

Final numbers achieved were 134whp @ 11,200 and 68lb-ft at 9,000.

It turns out, I not only have a health example of a D955i, I have a somewhat extra happy one :p

The Daytona’s been a dream since being revived. I’m completely enamored with it at the moment.

Had a pleasant surprise today at Nels getting it tuned...

30lb-ft of torque were discovered after doing a TuneECU tune at 4000 RPM. The curve is almost dead flat from 4K-10K and “slightly”, very slightly, rolls off.

13 peak HP and 10+ through the range were found.

The bike is back to wheelie maniac state, only now, it powers up easier than ever before. By 8K it’s already lifting the front tire.

Final numbers achieved were 134whp @ 11,200 and 68lb-ft at 9,000.

It turns out, I not only have a health example of a D955i, I have a somewhat extra happy one :p
Lovely bike, I have been tempted by the gorgeous yellow ones many times but no room.

Back