Regular Gas Oh My

I'm lucky to have a non-ethanol station in my town, so that's all I run in everything, cept for my jeep. And the non-ethanol is only 89 octane, if I remember right.
Now I do like the non ethanol stuff and may be worth the trouble using two pumps.

Regular gas 87 octane 36,000 mile plus and no problems. Trying to get over the flu different ball game.

FWIW - 87 octane Shell or 76 used here for most of my 53,000+ miles with no problemas! :thumbsup:
Trying to get over old age different ball game!!! :roll: :inlove

Old habits die hard, it’s going to be difficult to save money using cheaper fuel. I am going to fuel up tomorrow with regular gas no ethanol.

The R3 motor was designed and engineered to run optimally on 87 Octane pump gas. Unless you are running a modified motor which requires higher octane and/or more exotic additives, there is no good reason to run or pay for anything other than 87 Octane regular gasoline in these wonderful machines of ours.

It's my feeling the bottom end torque is a tad stronger with 87 octane. Certainly no ethanol if you can, but E10 will cause no trouble... E85 is forbidden.

I seek out the CLEAN non-ethanol gas for my bikes and lawn mower. I costs a bit more but even the owners manual discourages ethanol.
The octane rating around here is 88 for the clear stuff.
It amuses me that people think that premium gas is better than regular. It is not. The octane ratings, if I am correct, determine the combustion temperature.

Thats why older engines (that ping) tend to run better on the higher octane gas. I can't remember all the stuff I used to know about Octane ratings but it is along this line.

I still user the regular 10% ethanol in my cars, though.

Seems my Roadster just doesn't like running high octane fuel so I run 87 Octane all the time. I run the highest octane in my muscle car and truck but not in the Roadster.

Back