Regular Gas Oh My

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I have not put regular gas in a motorcycle in many years. All my Harley’s, Indians and cars have required high octane and I’m used to that. Do you all run 87 octane in your Rockets? It may actually be more of a headache to me to switch. When my wife and I are out riding we have a routine where we both pull up to the same pump where she fuels first then I fill up and then pay for the both bikes. Now if I run regular we will have to use two pumps and pay two separate charges. The cost savings may not be worth that to me.

Can I run 93 octane in the R3 and will that be a problem other than the extra $2? Sorry guys but two bucks a day just ain’t that critical for me.

I'm lucky to have a non-ethanol station in my town, so that's all I run in everything, cept for my jeep. And the non-ethanol is only 89 octane, if I remember right.

Mate I always run 98. There is an old thread on here either started by @Nevillelush or commented on by him with pictures on the benefits of running a higher octane fuel. Mine was dyno'd with 98 so will stick with it
He has posted a lot on this issue but you need to use his correct user ID to search Neville Lush

https://www.r3owners.net/threadloom/search

Regular gas for the Rocket yes. To alleviate your gas pump concerns, it may be just buying your wife her own Rocket. You're welcome. :)
Oh yes I’ll do that.:rolleyes: She can’t touch the ground well on the R3. She said she is not interested in riding it,so be it.

Back