rear wheel removal ?

tails

Turbocharged
Ride
roadster 2015 matt black.
hi just in the process of changing tyres,is there any order taking the rear wheel off i should know about ??
do i drop the shoxs off or the pipes ?
thanks all.

No need to drop shocks. since you have 1 pipe per side, I'm not sure if you have to drop them. I have 05 with 3 pipes & I just loosened one on right side & rotated it out of the way
REMEMBER THE GREASE THOSE SPLINES!

I just did mine on an 07 with no pipes in the way but the bike wasn't high enough to get the tire out. I had to remove the brake rotor and since I was gonna grease the splines I took the bevel box off then could get the tire out. It really depends how high the bike is off the ground.

Take the pipe off or rotate it ,Lift the bike after you've slackened the spindle nut, Take out the rear brake torque stay bolt ,Pull the spindle and then manouvere the rear caliper complete with bracket up and over to the side . Pull the rear wheel toward you and off she comes, Easy. I usually put something under the rear wheel leaving a small gap so it doesn't fall right down when I get it off the splines then I lift the bike a bit more and take the wheel out. What kind of lift are you using Tails?

No need to drop shocks. since you have 1 pipe per side, I'm not sure if you have to drop them. I have 05 with 3 pipes & I just loosened one on right side & rotated it out of the way
REMEMBER THE GREASE THOSE SPLINES!
Do we grease the splines with normal axle grease or something else?

If your quick you can get a lifetime supply from Amazon USA before the Australia lock out occurs in July.
This item ships to Australia really cheap.

If you've got amazon prime membership delivery is free too, $27 all in for delivery to the UK, nice :)

edit: I take it back, not allowed to be shipped to the UK....grrrr

Any moly paste recommendations for the UK?

Ish,
What is this Oz lockout of Amazon of which you speak?

Back