albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
what could cause the rear position light to stay off when the ignition is turned on I checked the fuse, I checked the rear led bulb ( brake light works|) it used to work without problem before
.could it be a glitch when I changed the headlights and reconnected new headlights ?? both old and new headlights are LED and the wiring is fine as well headlights do work on low and high.
I am sort of baffled or
am I missing something obvious :mad:

Tire rub on wires under rear fender?

nope.. I checked that and not only wires are solid but I installed some time ago a metal plate covering the wires entering the fender just to protect the wires from rubbing and there are no rubbing tire marks on that plate either .......mystery deepens .....at worst I will tape a bicycle light over and above the red cover just in case I ride at night

I had problems with my turn signals and it was a function of a crappy design of the socket. The contacts are free floating, and putting a bulb in blind there is a good chance the tab will be jammed and bent away from the bulb contact.

If it is not the wires (I had that problem last year) and its not the bulb (I have had that problem multiple times) Could it be corrosion inside the housing? I had to have mine replaced once.

If it is not the wires (I had that problem last year) and its not the bulb (I have had that problem multiple times) Could it be corrosion inside the housing? I had to have mine replaced once.

please no..... this mean I have to remove the metal plate remove the wires the
I had problems with my turn signals and it was a function of a crappy design of the socket. The contacts are free floating, and putting a bulb in blind there is a good chance the tab will be jammed and bent away from the bulb contact.

the bulb is ok as the lights come on when brakes are applied I think there is something to do with wiring somewhere .... my worst nightmare I hate playing with wires and connectors what if I was to pull the 20 amps fuse turning off the headlights would the rear position light remain on or not depending on that I could narrow the problem down Maybe ..

If it worked fine before you changed the headlights and now it's not working, I think it would be related to that. Pretty sure it's the same circuit. When I changed to leds I didn't have any problems, but I think some people have had to use resistors. Maybe the new headlights draw less current. I'm not an electrical guru, just throwing out ideas.

Back