Professor

Standard Bore
Ride
1983 Honda V-65 Magna, 2023 Rocket 3 GT
Just purchased a 2023 Rocket GT and took it out 2 days ago for about 50mi. Of course about 20mi. out I got caught in a major downpour and got pelted for 30mi. back home. To say the least I pulled it in the garage and had a major cleaning for 2hrs. I'm sure this has been asked before but is there anyone making a better rear fender out there because of all the debris the rear tire kicked up in all the impossible places to get at? Also, this large Triumph dealer who sells many brands of bikes barely new how to start the bike so I had to self teach myself everything. Is there another port up by the handlebars anywhere I can plug a phone into or is that another Option. The Professor

Not sure about a fender upgrade but there is a HELLA DIN Port to the left of the handlebar mount that you can insert an item such as this one to power a phone or a GoPro or both.... Check the reviews, they are not all created equal.

1688416656787.png

Also, this fine chap did a video about starting the bike when the key fob gives out or you need to use the spare....

This rear fender by TRIK is excellent. Some Rocketeers don't like it, but I do. I like the looks and I like that it keeps crud off my back when riding in the rain, which I did a lot in New Hampshire during Laconia Bike Week. Fits close to the tire, too. Check trikstore.uk.

Attachments

• RearAfter.JPG
    RearAfter.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 59
The Trik Custom fender will keep you and your bike clean.

Attachments

• 20230528_165757.jpg
    20230528_165757.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 26
The 12v outlet was an option if I remember. Of course, it is the European standard and you need an adapter to use it, or a plug-in outfit like in the previous post. Looks like hell sticking out of the socket. I removed the socket and connected the wires to my dashcam. (See pics) I also installed an aftermarket power hub directly to the battery (fused and switched of course). The pic is from amazon and there are lots of options.
1688560674614.png

Attachments

• euro socket.jpg
    euro socket.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 26
  • grommet.jpg
    grommet.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 26
It comes in matte black or gloss black depending on your taste or style. I'm really pleased with the match on the matte black, but the gloss looks good too. An added benefit is that it helps quiet the rear tire noise too. So far no regrets and the weight is about the same as the stock pieces it replaces.

Acheter en noir mat et couleur repeinte de la moto

Attachments

• Resized_20220915_150612.jpg
    Resized_20220915_150612.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 22
Back