We never heard back from Reeder ... wonder if he got them changed without disassembling the ass end of his bike? :confused:

I'm pretty sure the engine has to be removed to replace the front pads. It's also good practice to remove the bars and seat before changing the oil. :D

Well, I finally got my head on straight. I was trying to make the pads slide down. After prying the piston back and sliding the pads to the rear they come right out just like some of you were trying to tell me. I figured they'd have to be able to be changed without backing out the axle. Thanks for your assistance. Although it is sometimes hard to filter through all the B.S. I still love this web site.

I'm sorry I got short, I get a little irritated when others give advice knowing **** well they don't have enough tools to fill a tackle box then argue with me. Its just that I comment on things I have 1st hand (wrenching) knowledge of and nothing else.
I was once an ASE certified Master Mechanic with training from Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, Rover, Chevy, Mazda, Toyota and Nissan. That was along time ago, but my "tackle box" is full. I'm just a cranky old bastard and have a stupid motto: "If you didn't want to know, then why did you ask?"
I apologize again for my attitude.

Cranky

I know it's hard to believe but, I too was once an ASE Master Certified Tech and I also worked with Nissan. But like you said that was 20 years ago. Things with autos change fast. I also taught automotive in high school but, that was even longer. I guess this is why I like to do my own repairs. I just don't trust anyone with my cars or bikes. Most don't take the time to deal with the little things that I will. I know if they're working flat rate they just can't afford to do anything but what they're getting paid for. Thanks again and your crankiness (if that's a word) is not a problem. I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• My Rocket 2.jpg
    My Rocket 2.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 69
Then you probably do the same as I do when you have to turn it over for warranty work .... get it home and do it all over correctly, then complain about what the dealer screwed up.:p

Back