Britman

I must be easier on brakes than you..5456 and they look exactly the same..Was this a designated brake change day? lol Jack

I have 19,000 miles on my bike and changed the brake pads last week. I expected there to be alot of wear, and there was wear.. but the pads, both front and rear looked to have another few thousand miles of pad left in them. I was sure suprised! Most of my riding is highway, and very little braking, except if I get to riding hard in the hill country.

Britman:

I'd think that with that few miles on the pads and them being that worn, are you sure you are braking proportionally? Just for kicks, pull a front caliper and have a look. Either side will tell the story.

Gunshots:

I used to have a Farmall. It sat in the barn collecting dust and hay chaff for all it was good for was pulling the ****te spreader. I sold it to a collector some years back. I'm a Kubota man and I don't ever brake steer. I don't plow. Come to think of it, nobody plows anymore. Everything is no till.

Pianoman, those are the HH pads which will eat through a rotor quicker. I know it is a better pad for braking but I choose to stay with EBC's regular rear pad. I know to each their own :).

I go with these[SIZE=-1] EBC FA209/2[/SIZE]

I think

We should get a company to make us ceramic pads. Iv'e run them on my trucks since they first come out and love them. At first they seemed to wear rorotrs but the new ones, if you buy a good brand are better. Best of all no black break dust.:D I have 60,000 on my truck and still have plenty of pad and I haul 4-wheelers around on trailers.

Thanks for the replies. I will probably stay with EBC but I concur... they don't last long at all. I would say they lasted for less than 8 months and 3K miles. I ride my bike to work as much as I can and all the stop and go is probably the culprit.

Back