Rear brake not activating

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
Brakes good, i press the pedal and dont see any movment on the pads, pedal goes all the way down, any suggestions before i start taking things apart? thanks!!

Looks like you busted a brake line. Check the reservoir to see if it has brake fluid. It might be empty. Take the rear wheel off, take the caliper off, activate the brake pedal if you still have brake fluid in the reservoir you will see the leak. If this is not it, it is a master cylinder failure. Easy rebuild or replace. Rebuild caliper while you are at it. Flush brake lines and get new pads. Ooooohhh forgot you bike has ABS. It might be more complex than I thought.

Problem solved,, took Rocket to shop to replace both tires since it was riding on original 10 year old tires, i was thinking that when i get it back i would do some investigation.
To my surprise rear brake is working now, i guess they adjusted it when the installed the new tire, i am a happy camper!!:D:D

Problem solved,, took Rocket to shop to replace both tires since it was riding on original 10 year old tires, i was thinking that when i get it back i would do some investigation.
To my surprise rear brake is working now, i guess they adjusted it when the installed the new tire, i am a happy camper!!:D:D
So they obviously bled your brakes 👍 This is why you start with the simplest stuff first, as Jay said 😉

The shop probably pushed the caliper pistons back to make reinstalling the caliper easy. They obviously forgot to pump the brakes up moving the pistons back to a seated position....

Possibly pushed a bit of dirt out of the way when they pushed the pistons back. If the problem returns then it will probably be worth flushing the brakes and cleaning the inside of the master cylinder and reservoir.

Back