Rear brake not activating

My experience with the R3 rear caliper is that it collects dirt and the pistons do not actuate. I removed the caliper, opened it, removed and polished the pistons with brake fluid, greased them with a little brembo red grease, re-assembled and refreshed the fluid. New pads of course. I also inserted new piston seals. I think Lupe has ABS so this service probably is different to make sure the ABS works well. The R3 locks the rear easy so the ABS is a good thing to have.

Last edited:
My experience with the R3 rear caliper is that it collects dirt and the pistons do not actuate. I removed the caliper, opened it, removed and polished the pistons with brake fluid, greased them with a little brembo red grease, re-assembled and refreshed the fluid. New pads of course. I also inserted new piston seals. I think Lupe has ABS so this service probably is different to make sure the ABS works well. The R3 locks the rear easy so the ABS is a good thing to have.
Rick, do you really expect me to know how to do all that???? I am just a dumb plumber:(

Back