Realistic Fuel Mileage?

361 km = 224 miles

Maybe he meant 261 KM or 162 miles.
No, i was travelling from North Bay, Ontario, where i filled up, and made it to a town called South Porcupine, just before Timmins, but the speeds were ranging from 95 - 105km/hr (I don't know anyone working for the OPP up there to fix speeding tickets for me anymore so i had to behave) I zeroed the trip meter when i filled up in North Bay, and was at the gas pump with 361km on the clock, yea i pushed my luck on that one, and got very lucky, won't do it again.

In this city i'm usually riding with a CBR600RR, Triumph Street Triple 676, Z10, at night, on the highways here so speeds usually end up in the 220+km/hr range so yea gas mileage is horrible, but on the plus side, i rarely lose a roll on race, unless i'm in the wrong gear, that street triple is fast little bike

Last edited:
...i had an occasion where i was in Lake Tekapo village here in the South Island of New Zealand and i was about to leave and head towards Christchurch. My Fuel Gauge was on reserve...first time for me..so i headed down to the only gas station in town. Of course, when i got there ...there were cars lined up onto the street in both directions!...Bugger!.."I wonder if i can make it to Fairlie...some 40 odd kms down the road?"...i decided i would take it easy and give it a go.
Well, i made it to Fairlie and pulled into the pumps and proceded to fill the tank only to find i could only squeeze 14.something litres into a 18 litre tank!...i had 3.5-4 litres in reserve...still!...so that was a lesson learned. I was good for another maybe 60kms on reserve before my butt would start eating the seat. I wont put myself in the situation where im worried about making it to the next stop anymore...if im getting low ill just pull into any gas station.... fill the tank and pay the money...stress gone...grin is back!

My low fuel light usually comes on around 120 miles or so. So it seems like I should still have half a tank left. :banghead::whitstling:

I don't think so. Mine drinks a lot more than that. 🍻

My low fuel light usually comes on around 120 miles or so. So it seems like I should still have half a tank left. :banghead::whitstling:

I don't think so. Mine drinks a lot more than that. 🍻
Ordinarily mine does the same at 120 miles, but on a couple of long steady runs last summer I managed 150 before the light came on. I don't think I could better that much without trying very hard to ride eco stylie.

Holidays 6,65l/100km
City 7,5-9l/100km
Fuel level in the tank after driven 200km looks good, at 230 km, the distance to the pump is nowhere in sight and the driving becomes very stressful.

Back