So the worries didn't eventuate at all? Nice to meet you and share snoring sonatas.;):roll::roll:

As you warned the roadworks and traffic snarls on the freeway were horrible. Got 300km out of 22litre refill though. I got to my mates about 6.00PM Qld time after 6 hours and a couple of 20km + at walking speed and up to 40kph on the freeway into Brisbane.

Unfortunately about an hour after I arrived he got word that his Mum and her husband were in a single vehicle rollover and her husband was dead and 80 year old Mum in intensive care - she arrived conscious and not seriously injured apparently but he obviously went to the hospital last night. The 80year old husband had a medical event that appeared to cause the crash. This week may be filled with grief rather than laughter but glad I'm here to help out if I can as my mate's wife is working at a remote offsite and may not be able to get back immediately.

Keep riding safe everyone.
Im still getting over the lack of sleep due to your accoustic acrobatics mate. Best i did was a refuel at Grafton and made it home with reserve light on had a couple of 160 klm per hour blasts as well. Sorry to hear about your mates inlaws wishing the best outcome for them.

Wow what a great weekend
Really nice to catch-up and meet all you guys n girls in person
I've had some great advice off this site and its members and was great to meet some of you and put names to faces
My wife n I had a ball and felt very welcomed by you all
Thanks again
Can't wait for next year
Ben n Shell

It was a great Weekend ,just listening to other Rocketeers (that's when I was not jibbering myself) a lot of people were not able to get Accommodation at or near the Pub or the adjacent Tourist Park due to late enquiries or some other reasons, it resulted in Taxi costs, leaving bikes unattended and some disjointed meet ups, my humble suggestion would be to shortly call for ideas for our next RDU (2017) venue hopefully, the 2014 RDU was held at Torquay Victoria where we stayed in some self contained Cabins all the Crew were at the same Park in close proximity and enjoyed the ability to BYO drinks at Bottlo prices ,the BBQ area and being able to get together as a group and going to the Pub and eateries together ,as well as good bike security,if we get onto it reasonably early we could hopefully do a block booking and no one should miss out with a few vacant beds for late deciders
just a suggestion ,:cautious::cautious::unsure::unsure:

Home safe 5 km to go and the skies opened the flood gates we were soaked from the hips down...lol
What a way to finish the weekend....:roll::roll:
Bugger at least it was only the last 5 km, Ann and I are safely tucked away in the caravan park in Bundaberg

Last edited:
Glad you guys had a good trip and it looks like most are safely on their way home or already arrived. One question...I have seen numerous comments on this thread about bike security. Is that typically a big issue down under?

Glad you guys had a good trip and it looks like most are safely on their way home or already arrived. One question...I have seen numerous comments on this thread about bike security. Is that typically a big issue down under?

Bike security (theft)is not a huge issue with Rockets, here it is more of a worry for me anyhow of vandalism from the same idiots who vandalise anything that they feel is a target ,an unattended bike at 2.0am in an empty car park would a opportunists chance, pushed over, spray painted with their Tags or just a few mirrors broken off, occasionally a whole street of cars are vandalised so a motorcycle would not be exempt from this crime, I do feel a lot more comfortable with my bike parked nearby when I am staying away from my alarmed locked garage

Had a great weekend and catchup with some old faces and got to meet a few new captains and some of their better halves.
Enjoyed the ride down with @Mittzy @Wrecka @Pete with Mrs Pete and Mrs Ozrider.

Mrs Ozrider having her first trip on her Tiger 1050 and I headed south after we saw a fewof the others off from South West Rocks and did the Oxley Highway ride, alot of bikes heading south on the way to Phillip Island... some think they are already on a race track.
Then back down the Oxley to Port Macquarie for the night.

Next day poured with rain and blew like mad for 200K's heading into Sydney and cleared to blue skys 80Ks from arrival.
We are going to head up the Putty Road, Thunderbolts way, drop down onto waterfalls way, Nymboida Grafton and then via Kyolge to be home by the weekend.

Meeting up with @Mittzy @Pete and Mrs Pete (Lisa)
IMG_5951.JPG

@garry fuller middle @Tedmick and farend @Ishrub
IMG_5955.JPG

@cusso ken and @Wrecka
IMG_5957.JPG

@HansO @Mittzy @Longrider
IMG_5960.JPG

Wes & Vicki
IMG_5961.JPG

IMG_5964.JPG

Last edited:
Back