I think @Tedmick wins downs, I will have only covered a bit over 3,000km by the time I get home but having a ball Ann and I are holed up in a cabin at Alexander Beach, Marooydore on the Sunshine Coast, had a nice back road ride thru some of the hinterland on the way here I set the GPS to twisty roads which added 35 km to our trip today, we went thou Mary Valley and talk about twisty narrow roads, was a bit of a handful with camper on the
Back but fun nonetheless less, tomorrow we are going to stay with @RocketMan3 Brad and Kylie so I can help him get his bike sorted hopefully

Hi DEcosse,

Here is a map of the route I took for the trip, going anticlockwise. Its around 4850 km or 3000 miles. Great Time!
20161020_194719.png
You da man Mick, Well Done

I think @Tedmick wins downs, I will have only covered a bit over 3,000km by the time I get home but having a ball Ann and I are holed up in a cabin at Alexander Beach, Marooydore on the Sunshine Coast, had a nice back road ride thru some of the hinterland on the way here I set the GPS to twisty roads which added 35 km to our trip today, we went thou Mary Valley and talk about twisty narrow roads, was a bit of a handful with camper on the
Back but fun nonetheless less, tomorrow we are going to stay with @RocketMan3 Brad and Kylie so I can help him get his bike sorted hopefully
Let me know if a new primary TPS is needed as I have on in stock.

Here is a map of the route I took for the trip, going anticlockwise.

Fantastic! I'm going to look at some of the features of those routes, the towns and landmarks/features along the way.
What is the blue dot? Looks like maybe Roxby Downs if I transpose to a more detailed map?
I do see Woomera and that is where the pics of the Rockets are from I see (I love Google Maps - get the images of local things right there!)
That sure is one desolate-looking piece of country there around Roxby Downs/Olympic Dam/Andamooka! The contrast to the areas around the East & South coast is staggering!

Last edited:
Fantastic! I'm going to look at some of the features of those routes, the towns and landmarks/features along the way.
What is the blue dot? Looks like maybe Roxby Downs if I transpose to a more detailed map?
I do see Woomera and that is where the pics of the Rockets are from I see (I love Google Maps - get the images of local things right there!)
That sure is one desolate-looking piece of country there around Roxby Downs/Olympic Dam/Andamooka! The contrast to the areas around the East & South coast is staggering!

Australia is a Country of wide open spaces dotted with some Major towns the Majority of the population live along or near the coast ,but lots of small towns that are slowly dying as the younger generation move to the coast for work and more social contacts ,there are some fantastic bargains to be had in the small towns even old Pubs,(no longer licenced) two story brick buildings with the usual hotel set up bars multiple rooms and several bathrooms and huge kitchen areas beer gardens ect for around Aud $250,000 ,but you have to be used to the quiet life and long distances to major towns.

Yep, blue dot is Roxby downs. I'm there at the moment. Woomera is about 50 miles south and that where the photos of the rockets were taken. The towns I stayed in on the trip were Bendigo, Newcastle, South West rocks, back to Newcastle (via Oxley hwy to Walcha, then thunderbolt way), Dubbo, Broken Hill, Roxby, then home tomorrow to Adelaide.
Going to andamooka today for lunch at the yatch club (its in the desert).....

Yep, blue dot is Roxby downs. I'm there at the moment. Woomera is about 50 miles south and that where the photos of the rockets were taken. The towns I stayed in on the trip were Bendigo, Newcastle, South West rocks, back to Newcastle (via Oxley hwy to Walcha, then thunderbolt way), Dubbo, Broken Hill, Roxby, then home tomorrow to Adelaide.
Massive effort mate , your going to appreciate the extra comfort once you install the Rivco Risers

Massive effort mate , your going to appreciate the extra comfort once you install the Rivco Risers

I have only been to Andamooka a couple of times ,I spent a week there one Day:laugh::laugh: Lunch at the Yacht Club in Dodgy St yep that's the address , my rule of thumb if in doubt don't order the Salmon,

Back