RATP ( Rockets around the planet )

Have you ridden any of these roads

• Total voters
I've ridden some of Highway 1 from San Francisco south, and the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado. Hope to go back and ride 1 from Cali to Oregon.

I'm planning a road trip from Las Angelos to Portland oregon next year during Portland's "dry" season to visit all of my friends that have migrated northward up the coast. But that would be lovely.

Some of those roads are remarkable. I have been on several of the ones in the US that are listed. I was surprised the Beartooth Highway wasn't listed, but there are so many roads and only so many can make the cut for some people.

bob

Done both the Norwegian roads. Ironically, neither is really remotely the best that Norway has to offer, in my view - Trollstigen is just a slow crawl up the side of a mountain while dodging tourist buses and cars, especially combined with my healthy respect for heights. The views are fantastic, the riding sub-par. Same goes for the Atlantic road, it's really nothing to write home about once you get on it, that bridge pictured is basically the only cool thing about it from a riding perspective and you pass that in 20 seconds. The rest is just a road along the ocean.

Now, the rest of Norwegian fjord country is unbelievable. Decent quality pavement, incredible climbs and dips, sweeping corners along the wall of a fjord, bypassing the long tunnels by going over the mountains on the old road the tunnel replaced... I was laughing in my helmet for several stretches of it, just taken aback by it all. The weather is often rainy but two years ago I managed to luck out and get three days of warm sunshine and it was by far the most fun I've had on a touring bike.

So it's funny that some of the least impressive riding bits in Norway get picked to be in that list, at least if we're talking the quality of the ride rather than the quality of the views.

Im suprised Australia hasnt got more than one road listed there , the one that is happens to be where we are all staying for RDU ( Torquay ) i'll be looking at trying to do at least 1/2 of it , maybe even with my Fiancees Dad seeing as they only live 100klm away.

Im suprised Australia hasnt got more than one road listed there , the one that is happens to be where we are all staying for RDU ( Torquay ) i'll be looking at trying to do at least 1/2 of it , maybe even with my Fiancees Dad seeing as they only live 100klm away.

Something else to do at RDU (that sort of Rhymes):thumbsup:

We did the Million Dollar Hwy for RAA IX, and this past January I rode that bridge going to Key West with @R3Tex and @STRIPES.
I've also driven part of Hwy 1 in Cali, but I guess that doesn't really count.

We did the Million Dollar Hwy for RAA IX, and this past January I rode that bridge going to Key West with @R3Tex and @STRIPES.
I've also driven part of Hwy 1 in Cali, but I guess that doesn't really count.
did ride the col de Turini and would ad the col de la bonnette southern france (highest road in europe peaking at nearly 10 000feet for spectacular views and riding pleasures

Back