3B3ED629-6BFC-4F79-9F26-5F67D414D92F.jpeg

I know it’s not what you were asking about but here’s another idea.

I don't wish to burst your bubble but added to the significant expense of buying one of those intake assemblies, I doubt very much if it will draw in much more air than the stock airbox with a hi-flow filter.

It couldn't function as a true ram air intake system, as to achieve the 'ram' air effect, it would need to firstly, funnel the air into an airbox housing and create a higher air pressure than atmospheric air pressure. I can't see that design being able to mainly due to the filter design and it's positioning.

I might be being too critical in my assessment of what I see in the photo, but I would need to see what comes after the filter. If the route into the throttle body is highly aerodynamically efficient, then it might offer better airflow, but I'd have to see the assembly in more detail, but it can't really be a true ram air intake.

All I can assume with that intake is that it makes it easier/quicker to change or clean the filter.....which is a good thing because with the filter being placed out in the elements, it will require more maintenance.
Looks pretty efficient to me, I've got the ram air filter system and I'd bet this moves more air, plus it appears to eliminate the "bear claw".

Looks pretty efficient to me, I've got the ram air filter system and I'd bet this moves more air, plus it appears to eliminate the "bear claw".
The intake shown at the beginning of this thread is not a ram air intake. It has a relatively small filter stuck out into the airflow. The filter has a blank cap on the face that is facing the direction of the airflow.
In fact a true ram air intake is a very technical thing to get right. If I was looking to purchase something like that, i'd be wanting to see some proof that it did function in the way it was described.

The intake in the later photos looks far more effective. It just has to be, because just for starters, it is giving the throttle bodies at least three times more filter surface area, and that's before any ram effect.

The intake shown at the beginning of this thread is not a ram air intake. It has a relatively small filter stuck out into the airflow. The filter has a blank cap on the face that is facing the direction of the airflow.
In fact a true ram air intake is a very technical thing to get right. If I was looking to purchase something like that, i'd be wanting to see some proof that it did function in the way it was described.

The intake in the later photos looks far more effective. It just has to be, because just for starters, it is giving the throttle bodies at least three times more filter surface area, and that's before any ram effect.
I was referring to the one LMS/ozrider makes.

Back