Radio noise on the rocket?

Dalan

Supercharged
Ride
2015 R3R
Looking to install a Jensen JHD 910 weatherproof radio on the rocket. I miss the radio a bit from the Goldwing, but in particular the weatherband, which the Jensen has. It is a great thing to be able to get constant local weather updates.

I am unsure if radio noise was only from the old breaker style ignitions or if modern electronic ignitions also generate noise.

If you put a radio on your rocket, did you have any noise issues?

Ignition shouldn't give you any trouble and make sure to post your install...I've been kicking around a stereo install on one of mine and always open to ideas. After all...plagiarism is the highest form of flattery ;)

I am nearsighted. Cannot see that far ahead.

Besides weather, I like to listen to Steppenwolf. Pretend I am a biker.

And, weather warnings are handy when traveling at Mach 1.

I am nearsighted. Cannot see that far ahead.

Besides weather, I like to listen to Steppenwolf. Pretend I am a biker.

And, weather warnings are handy when traveling at Mach 1.
Riding with riders blasting their radios is very annoying and distracting and then some are wearing head phones or ear plugs piping in the sounds its like riding with deaf people and they are dangerous at times and we even went as far as not riding with them I beep my horn to get their attention with no response and off they go in the wrong direction ignoring the world around them

Looking to install a Jensen JHD 910 weatherproof radio on the rocket. I miss the radio a bit from the Goldwing, but in particular the weatherband, which the Jensen has. It is a great thing to be able to get constant local weather updates.

I am unsure if radio noise was only from the old breaker style ignitions or if modern electronic ignitions also generate noise.

I put blue tooth speakers on my rocket and have no problem my phone connects and plays great I got them from revzilla I ran the wire direct to the battery instead of hooking into the wiring the speakers have an on off button and I can hear them fine at 100

I had a Shark Audio on my R3R. I could not hear it over 50 MPH. I took it off. But there was no ignition noise or any other interference. I had it connected to the battery with a simple 20 amp inline fuse set up. Reception was great with their flexible antenna and it has an mp3 adapter but no matter how high I turned up the volume I could not hear it with the wind noise. It was useless.

Back