GPMAZ

Staff member
Well it appears that I've outsmarted myself this time.

Awhile back I picked up an Odyssey PC625 battery. Its a tight fit, and a bit taller than stock but it fit just fine.

Today I received my new Corbin Saddle. The Corbin comes with a bracket that attaches to four holes in the frame, just above/behind the battery. The bracket allows the seat to be installed/removed with a key rather than the cumbersome, stock bolt on arrangement.

However, that powerful PC625 is just a bit too tall to allow the bracket to be installed. I'm now charging the old Yuasa, having a couple of beers and contemplating my next move. Unless I figure out a way to modify the battery box (its a real pain to remove), I'll probably be going back to the stock battery set up at least until I decide whether or not the Corbin is a keeper.

Just a word of warning to anyone considering a similar combination.

Did you remove the box the 1st time and hammer down the lip so it sits at the bottom of the box, or take the short cut and either stick something below it or just drop it in?

Took the easy way out and just dropped it in. It was very tight but did appear to fit fine. Looks like I'm paying for that short cut now. When I pull it out tomorrow I'll have to determine whether or not removing it and modifying the bottom of the box will allow that bracket to clear.

As I recall there is one bolt holding the battery box in that goes through the rear fender. I couldn't seem to reach around the tire and get a hold on it before. I really don't want to have to remove the rear wheel to get at the **** thing.

You are right, it is a bit of a pain in the ars, but it will drop the battery quite a way down.
Once it's removed, the steel used is heavy gauge and a hammer and heat is how I flattened mine. It was worth it, the tool kit still won't quite fit, but only by a little.
There is a thread with pictures that helped me get through it relatively unscathed. If you have trouble finding it with search, I'll look too.

Or, I'll be happy to buy the nonconforming battery, at a steep discount, of course!

Well, after staring at that **** fender bolt for awhile I removed the left saddlebag and snaked an 8mm wrench around the tire and had if off in like 20 seconds. I swear I couldn't figure how to get at it last time. I'll tackle the rest of them when I've got some daylight.

Xhombre, if my attempts at making this thing fit fail, you've got first dibs on the PC625.

Sweet! I haven't even taken possession of my new mistress and I'm already lavishing her with swag!:)

Back