I had a dealer install the cat bypass on my 07 Classic Tourer during the 500 mile service. Is there a cat bypass available for the Touring? Someone asked this question way back in this thread but flipping through it I can't find an answer. Does Triumph make one for the Touring?

I went to Amazon to get the cable and in filling in the make/model/year drop down window it had three Rocket models but not the Touring. It should be the same, right?

Kinda been wondering the same thing myself, Navigator. In my search for a Rocket I've seen what appear to be a few good deals on Touring models, and I do like the looks/lines of them, plus the hard bags are a plus, at least to me. Would be nice to be able to get Roadster performance in a Touring. Speedo only goes to 120 MPH though :oops:

Speedo only goes to 120 MPH though

I don't guess you remember the days when ALL speedometers stopped at 85mph. I had a Suzuki GS1150E that only went to 85, it didn't seem to keep it from going faster. ;)

bob

I don't guess you remember the days when ALL speedometers stopped at 85mph. I had a Suzuki GS1150E that only went to 85, it didn't seem to keep it from going faster. ;)

bob

Well, I'm just still a young whipper-snapper at 66 years old so....LOL. I keep a Garmin GPS clipped to the handlebars of my bikes now, so I should be all set when I find the right Rocket. As it is now though, no worries maxing out the 120 MPH speedos, on my Harleys :whitstling:

Kinda been wondering the same thing myself, Navigator. In my search for a Rocket I've seen what appear to be a few good deals on Touring models, and I do like the looks/lines of them, plus the hard bags are a plus, at least to me. Would be nice to be able to get Roadster performance in a Touring. Speedo only goes to 120 MPH though :oops:

I don't think we can get the Roadster performance but from this thread we can really wake up these Tourings. Step 1 though should be to get rid of the cat, followed by an exhaust and then the tunes. I used the TuneECU on my 07 and WOW.

I had a Jardine 2-1 exhaust on it but it was very loud to me so I sold it. I don't have too many regrets in life with respect to bikes but that was one of them.

I don't think we can get the Roadster performance but from this thread we can really wake up these Tourings. Step 1 though should be to get rid of the cat, followed by an exhaust and then the tunes. I used the TuneECU on my 07 and WOW.

With a RamAir, Tors and a tune done by Nels over on your side of the state I am getting 132hp and 148 ft lb torque on a 2013 Touring. The RamAir was the last thing and I gained 10hp from it alone. You will be hard pressed to find that much HP at that price for anything. But you have to get the motor breathing better. Plus I have lost about 80 lbs in the last year or so and that works out to about another 8hp. :)

So the 07 still has a cat box with a cat in it? Mine had the Cats in the silencers but I am not sure what year they made that change, the cat box is empty, just pipes going in and out. I am pretty sure @Paul Bryant has a cat bypass pipe that will work on the tourer. He will probably be along to let you know, or you could ask him.

bob

. I am pretty sure @Paul Bryant has a cat bypass pipe that will work on the tourer. He will probably be along to let you know, or you could ask him.

bob

Thanks Bob.

Yes Mike, I make a free flow cross over pipe for the Roadster/Touring (same unit) This is a direct replacement for the stock unit.
So your stock Mufflers, Isrubs TORS ( :) ) or D&D's will slide straight on.

US$392.00 Delivered.

J.jpg

The R3T stock or slip-on tune is available for download on the TuneEcu site.
Link here: Triumph_Custom_Tune_list. 3 & 4 Cyl. models

Free4all is correct. The tune discussed in this thread is only for the R3T.
The ECUs are different and require a different flash. Also, this tune (as stated in the title of the thread) is to remove the power restrictions of the stock tune of the Touring; and return it to classic/standard/roadster power.

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a R3T ECU to resurect my 05 STD. I figured they were the same with only the tunes loaded being the difference. Now what? sell it or is there a workaround?

Bob, the 07 had a cat box behind the engine and that was the first thing I had removed. My 09 Touring has one in the same place.

Paul, I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do with my Touring and will give you a shout.

My 13 has the cat box also, it is empty though. The catalytic converters were in my silencers. I don't know for sure what year Triumph did that was all. I would hate to see you spend a lot of money and still have the catalytic converters in your silencers. Maybe a question that needs to be put out the the board in general. I think the Triumph parts list still shows a catalytic converter in the cat box on mine but it isn't there. Just an empty box.

bob

My 13 has the cat box also, it is empty though. The catalytic converters were in my silencers. I don't know for sure what year Triumph did that was all. I would hate to see you spend a lot of money and still have the catalytic converters in your silencers. Maybe a question that needs to be put out the the board in general. I think the Triumph parts list still shows a catalytic converter in the cat box on mine but it isn't there. Just an empty box.

bob

This is the inside of the Roadster/Touring cross over pipe.
As you can see the Exhaust has quite a convoluted path to get out.
The CATs are in both the Roadster and Touring Mufflers.
The free flow pipe still does make a noticeable difference.

IMG_0619.JPG

Back