Hello all,
Back at Triumph after 30 years :)
Bought a 2012 R3T a few weeks ago. It has the Triumph 'not for road use' mufflers and a mapping named 20368 on it.
Nothing else seems te be changed.
Mapping looks a lot like the R3T_stock_or_slip-on mapping.
Is there a better mapping to put on the bike than the one that's on it at this moment?
Kind regards.
Hello dutch,
yesterday me and a friend of mine went to Rheinberg, Germany.
We both own a R3T and had modificated maps on the bikes. After three hours on the dyno we got different motorcycles back. It is not that much money and now we have maps, fitting to our bikes. If you live near the german border, I recommend you to visit the store. The owner tuned "The beast"

Hi rebellsport,
Thanx for the reply. I live on the west side.
Received a tune from HansO which is on the bike now. Bike runs very well with it.
Ordered the Ramair yesterday. Have a HansO tune for that config also.
Maybe I'll do a dyno in the future. Thanx. Ride safe.

Ladies and gents,
I have had more than a few calls about Touring model performance. This should help out more than a few of you.

The Touring models are the same except for the exhaust and ECU calibration. BOTH are very restricted.The ECU controls the secondary throttles and actually closes them at higher rpm and higher gears. In the exhaust, the header is the same, but the box after the header is very restrictive. Slip-ons (TORS and D&D) really don't do much except for sound.

Neither do air filters under the seat. Triple K&N RU-2780 filters make a bit more from 4000-5500 rpm, but have the same peak power output as the stock air filter. The stock intake plenum and ducting actually makes more torque under 3000 rpm than triple RU-2780 filters under the bearclaw. It is not until you go to a full exhaust system that the RU-2780 filters make a difference.

A stock R3T or one with a slip-on exhaust tends to make ~86 hp on my dyno (~ 13% lower than a Dynojet), and 130-131 ft-lb of torque. Simply re-calibrating the ECU (mapping) tends to result in 115-117 hp, and 140-142 ft-lb of torque. A very nice improvement.

Attached is a "tune" for stock and slip-on exhaust R3T models, as well as a graph of output differences. Dashed lines are torque. Red is an R3T with TORS and stock air filter. Yellow is after tuning. This resulted in 43+ mpg cruising at 70 mph on 87 octane fuel. Speedo corrected for stock tire. Speed limiter raised. Ignition timing improved in lower gears. ENJOY!

You can also find this map on Tom Hamburg's TuneECU.com site under the custom Triumph tunes section.

R3T TORS graph.jpg
Hello friends,
I have a 2010 Touring. I did put the Jardine pipes and the dealer put the off road tune for that. Now, reading these threads I think I can add some more hp to this. I have the following questions.
1. Is the tune on TuneEcu site the latest one.
2. Do I have to change the air filters to K&N or this tune can be installed with the existing filter. I am just a bit hesitant of removing the existing filter setup.
3. How difficult is it to remove the existing setup. I remember, in 2010 there was a detailed step by step description of the process here, but I have been searching for it but could not find it now. By any chance someone has that document, if yes, can you please post it here.
Any help on this will ease my hesitance to do it.
Thanks

Hello TorontoRider,
About #3: I removed the existing filter setup yesterday. Very easy to do. Not more than an hour. It's described in the Ramair instructions.

I am adding the Rammair air kit and the D and D slip on exhaust to my 08 Touring.... any idea which map would be the best for this setup?

I had a dealer install the cat bypass on my 07 Classic Tourer during the 500 mile service. Is there a cat bypass available for the Touring? Someone asked this question way back in this thread but flipping through it I can't find an answer. Does Triumph make one for the Touring?

I went to Amazon to get the cable and in filling in the make/model/year drop down window it had three Rocket models but not the Touring. It should be the same, right?

Back