R3GT/R Windscreens - A Review of Three

The powerbronze windshields? Not sure what you mean.
The factory "fly screen" on the GT (or any other screen designed for the R3) can be mounted on the Madstad brackets. (The 4 holes match:) Not sure about the powerbronze, but the Compozit screen designed to replace the GT screen worked with the Madstad brackets. I also did not like the aestethics of the madstad screens. Too old timerish. Here is a pic of my hybrid set-up and another of the three screens. Madstad, Compozit, and the Factory GT.

Attachments

• madstad brackets and GP Compozit Windscreen.jpg
    madstad brackets and GP Compozit Windscreen.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 148
  • windscreens2.jpg
    windscreens2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 146
The factory "fly screen" on the GT (or any other screen designed for the R3) can be mounted on the Madstad brackets. (The 4 holes match:) Not sure about the powerbronze, but the Compozit screen designed to replace the GT screen worked with the Madstad brackets. I also did not like the aestethics of the madstad screens. Too old timerish. Here is a pic of my hybrid set-up and another of the three screens. Madstad, Compozit, and the Factory GT.
Bike looks good. Shield appears more narrow than madstad, right?

Yes, and contoured nicely.

Because I am wanting really good wind protection I will have to give up some appearance for function. Worst scenario I can't stand appearance and return it.
I find I can ride with an open face helmet with this set-up. The mount has highway and city modes that are adjustable without tools. Here it is in the swept back GT mode.

Attachments

• GT Mode Windscreen.jpg
    GT Mode Windscreen.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 127
Bought a 7 Jurock windshield because I had good experience with their windshield when I owned a K1600. The tallest they made is good enough to deflect wind off your chest, but you still need to wear a ear plug to decrease the wind noise.

Back