R3 top speed video

Here n B.C. Canada we have an amazing highway named Coquihalla Highway. It’s an intersectional highway between major cities. Well managed, looooong straight stretches, wide well engineered slanted corners, sparse traffic, and reasonably few radar traps. If someone were to travel it enough to get to know it( many with super cars do) they could do insane speeds on it. I took my new R3r on it this summer. The vibration problem my bike has, combined with my recently acquired “ lack of nads ????” Made it disappointing. My point? ...The young long for the opportunities to be adventurous. The old regret wasting them. If you get it.... take it😉.
I've ridden that highway on my zx14r at high enough speeds that I had to slow down for the "corners". (Since most here aren't familiar with it, the "Coke" is a sweeping mountain highway with sweepers that are boring below 200km/h on a sport bike)

Coming back to Vancouver from "Squambucks" there's a downhill section that makes hitting the speed limiter on a Rocket pretty quick.

I’m less interested in going over the limiter of 147 mph that I am having throttle bodies fully open till you get to that limit. Getting to that speed quicker is more important than going faster. I don’t have a tune yet and I’m dragging feet till warranty is closer to being over to avoid money risk.
I too am a bigger fan of "getting there quicker"... even if it's just the fast lane of traffic... or close to it :sneaky: :cool:
-MIG

I've ridden that highway on my zx14r at high enough speeds that I had to slow down for the "corners". (Since most here aren't familiar with it, the "Coke" is a sweeping mountain highway with sweepers that are boring below 200km/h on a sport bike)

Coming back to Vancouver from "Squambucks" there's a downhill section that makes hitting the speed limiter on a Rocket pretty quick.
Yeah I know it . Sea to sky highway. Love it. Haven’t done it yet to Whistler on my R3r. Gunna do it next summer.

The DNK tune with the speed limiter removed will allow the bike to go to 300kmh or 186mph before hitting redline. This was on a dyno run showing off the unlock, don't know what it will do with wind resistance.

Not all of the DNK tunes will do this. I looked into it and you have to give a specific vin and you get a tune only you can use. I want to say at the time I looked into it the cost was like $50usd or something around there, I had to email to get a price for the option, it wasn't in the standard tunes. I don't know if the standard DNK tunes come with that unlocked now, it might still be a special request.

Back