R3 owner as of yesterday

Congratulations on you purchase! I'm new here and still shopping used myself or I'd welcome you to the club personally. I hope you enjoy your bike and that you can fit in a few more enjoyable long rides this summer.

Welcome! I'm a new R3 owner also- just got mine this past weekend after spending years with a Honda Shadow.

This forum seems like a great place for R3 newbies like us- lots of nice folks with tons of experience dealing with these beasts.

Welcome! I'm a new R3 owner also- just got mine this past weekend after spending years with a Honda Shadow.

This forum seems like a great place for R3 newbies like us- lots of nice folks with tons of experience dealing with these beasts.
Tons of people with experience and knowledge about them too

It used to be offered as a kit, through dealers if determined it was needed for warranty work (or generously, often out of warranty), for about $250 I've heard. Eventually they fixed as many as they figured needed the work within a reasonable time (and/or too many people were taking advantage of it and stockpiling the parts), and they stopped selling the kits at a huge discount. Now you usually can't find them as a kit at all, though I recently searched and saw one European dealer advertising it for 1,900 Euro.

Here's the PDF giving the full list of parts and some procedures beyond what's in the service manual:

I started pricing out what it would take to buy all the parts today individually, and got this far (in USD):

part a: $206.90
part b: $32.60
part c: $12.62
part d: $183.99
part e: above $200… I quit part way through.

Oh boy. Thanks. I'll just hope I don't need it anytime soon.

Sorry Buddy just realised I hadn't Welcomed you to the Fold so here is a big
Welcome

Back